Triggers for olympus omd?

Name
Dave Peacock
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm about to downsize my kit from nikon to olympus.
I currently use several sb900 strobes with yongnuo triggers. These enable me to do Hi speed sync up to 1/4000

Are there triggers that will work with the omd series?
I'm thinking of getting something portable with more power like the ilux flash head.
I'm not interested in ttl lighting, I'd just like triggers that work with hss that don't break the bank :)

I'm planning on getting triggers for my Panasonic GX7 with Nissin flashguns, however when looking at specs for the cactus it doesn't appear that they would work with m4/3 , see below from cactus spec.
  • Cactus V6 is compatible with practically all cameras that come with either (1) a standard ISO hot shoe, or (2) a female sync port connection.
From what I have read on the net the Panasonic is not a standard hot shoe.

Please correct me someone if I am wrong.

Panasonic is a standard hot shoe, however, as I understand it the Cactus trigger I linked to is not compatible with the Panasonic flash system or third party flashes designed for use with Panasonic cameras. I believe you should be able to use the Cactus V6 triggers with your camera, but you need to get flashes that are designed for use with either Canon, Nikon or Pentax TTL flash system. Alternatively, if you don't need the facility of adjusting a remote flash from camera, which is the only advantage of the Cactus V6, then any decent trigger will do.

Back