Tripod recommendation please...

Name
Reg
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to buy a tripod on which I will be using my Canon 70D plus various lenses and for a variety of uses including landscape, macro, still life etc. I have in the region of £100 to spend and would be grateful of any advice/recommendations as to which brand to buy, what to look for etc.

Thanks in anticipation :ty: :canon:

Redsnapper range highly recommended.

I've only really used RedSnapper so can't really comment on comparisons. It's certainly been well used though the past few years and still no problems.

I got the 4 section twist legs one and a ball head - certainly get a ball head, much easier to use IMO - and it was around £125 all in.

I have a Giottos YTL Silk Road with a standard Manfrotto ball head. It works well for me.

I'd have a look at the Giottos YTL with 3D column and Vanguard Alta pro tripods. Both have a multi angle centre column that's very useful for getting the right position / angle for macro photography.

Thanks for the replies and recommendations. I will take a look at the tripods you have all suggested and try to decide on what is best for me.

:ty:

I use this HAMA traveller and find it excellent value for money.

I use the Redsnapper RS324 alloy tripod. I have the RSH 528 head and also the RSH 24 head. I use the RSH 24 head a lot because I also use the tripod for a scope and this head is better for that use. However, it is on the tripod most of the time and I use it with lenses up to a 55 - 300mm zoom with no problems.

Not the lightest but, IMO, not a burden. the padded upper sections of the legs are comfortable over the shoulder; I've carried it this way with a 80mm scope fitted for a few hours around a bird reserve.

Comes with an additional short central column and good bag which also has a padded strap.

Dave

Back