Tripod

Name
Arnas
Edit My Images
Yes
what tripod's you have? where can you buy in good price and quality tripod ? and etc. All about tripods ;)

i'll be first :) im new in photography so i was think'd that i don't need good tripod and buy one in ebay for few pounds, so i can say dont do that :) because in photo mine was really nice and in real i get some plastic s*** :) now im looking for new one, just don't know witch one working pretty well and have good price :) im not a pro so i dont need tripod for few hundred pounds or more.
Best wishes:)

Have a look here, think they still do discount for TP members if you email them.

Redsnapper here too, if your on a budget. I have just done a review on here for the one I bought. I used a 10% discount code (not sure if I can post on here)

Redsnapper here too, if your on a budget. I have just done a review on here for the one I bought. I used a 10% discount code (not sure if I can post on here)

So for these days redsnappers is one of the best in business ?

Redsnapper make a range of tripods, monopods and heads - they are probably the cheapest of the 'decent quality' manufacturers. A good choice if you are unsure how much you will use the tripod, or have a limitied budget. I have a Redsnapper monopod, and it's great.

Manfrotto is another good make - they have a much wider range than Redsnapper, but their higher end kit is priced accordingly.

(I have a Manfrotto 190 XProbB - a good, entry level aluminium tripod, but will be getting a 055 CXPro3 to replace it soon as I want something bigger & better - this is an 'intermediate / pro' level carbon fibre tripod)

Top end is things like Gitzo tripods - very good, but you need deep pockets to afford them!

There are a number of other brands at price points inbetween.

The biggest problem with tripods is that you want somethign as light as possible to carry around, but as tall, adaptable and stable as possible when taking the shots - which means heavy!
Carbon fibre can be used to maintain stability with reduced weight, but costs a lot more.

Then you have to decide between 3-way Pan & tilt head, geards heads (a special version of the 3-way head) or ball heads - and there is a vast choice of 3 way & ball heads once you decide which type you prefer.

Last edited:
Have a look used, I've just picked up a second hand tripod from mifsuds. It has a few tiny marks but very good considering its a saving of 30-40%.
I was thinking about that too, but still i am new member and cant to look in that section :) maybe should try ebay or something like that to get 2nd hand, as i am just a beginner i think next time i need to buy other tripod, i will know everything what i need to know:) and i wanna thank you all for your opinion, you guys very helpful and im hope one day get to know you all in real life :) thanks, and keep going, every opinion is very helpful :)

Hi Paul, I've not been measured lately, but I used to be 6ft. Maybe have shrunk a tad as I've got older, but not much!
I used it once for Aviation. I now tend to handhold all of the time. It gets too busy trying to keep up with them overhead.:nuts:

Kev.

Back