Tropical Bugs

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Sandokanidae harvestmans trying to enjoy some intimate moments while a Polyrhachis ant came intruding on them. OK the photographer was guilty as charged too! Selangor, Malaysia.
Sandokanidae harvestmans mating _MG_4106 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Jumping spider with a fly its own size as prey. Malaysia. Hyllus cf semicupreus - ID suggested by Atul Vartak.
Jumper with prey IMG_5598 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Weaver ant with leafhopper carcass. Malaysia.
Weaver ant with leafhopper IMG_5596 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

A really really wet Longhorn beetle (Sthenias sp.) we found at night. About 20mm long. Selangor, Malaysia.
Sthenias sp. IMG_4352 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

House centipede (Scutigeridae) with huntsman spider (Sparassidae?) prey for supper. Selangor, Malaysia.
Scutigerid with prey _MG_3932 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Orange Robber fly (Clephydroneura sp.) with prey - a Prosena sp. fly. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. MP-E65, MT-24EX, concave diffuser. Manually stitched from two horizontal shots. The robber fly was too big for the MP-E65.
Clephydroneura sp. with prey IMG_5479 merged copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Beautiful Eight-spotted Crab Spider (Platythomisus sp., P. octomaculatus?) my buddies found for me . Singapore.
Platythomisus sp. _MG_4227 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Platythomisus sp. _MG_4292 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Kurt those are cool and such great quality as usual.

I was not expecting a panoramic stitch:thinking:

Last edited:
At times Kurt I think I'm getting a little nearer to half decent Macro/Close Up shots, and then up you come with another "Excellent" set. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. That stitched shot is brilliant matey, keep up the good work.(y)

George.

Not again that MP-E should have been in the post to me by now!

Great set mate and when a subject is still enough stitching is a great method I did it earlier in the year with a damsel.

Again as always Kurt, superbe shots, quality, clarity and colourful. :D

These amazing creatures blow me away each time I view one of your threads!

Thanks, Matt.

Kurt those are cool and such great quality as usual.

I was not expecting a panoramic stitch:thinking:

Thanks, Alf. Had to stitch. The tip of the robber fly's abdomen was cut off and I wanted a full body shot.

At times Kurt I think I'm getting a little nearer to half decent Macro/Close Up shots, and then up you come with another "Excellent" set. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. That stitched shot is brilliant matey, keep up the good work.(y)

George.

Thanks, George. Just a simple manual stitching in photoshop :)

Not again that MP-E should have been in the post to me by now!

Great set mate and when a subject is still enough stitching is a great method I did it earlier in the year with a damsel.

Thanks, Bryn. :p My MPE65 is malfunctioning. ERR01 after 1x till 2x :(. Gonna cost me money for repair :(

Again as always Kurt, superbe shots, quality, clarity and colourful. :D

Thank you, Graham.

Back