Tryfan

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

finally got the chance to blow the dust off the camera today. Had high hopes of some golden hour stuff, but it bombed out not long after this one. Hey-ho.

16476027565_fb9114bc2a_z.jpg

Glorious light in that shot, very nicely composed and captured.

Thanks gents. Yes it took a fair bit of filter stacking Steve, but a ten stopper and .6 grad gave me 45 seconds to play with :)

A great shot of a beautiful place. I love your composition on this, very different to the "usual" Tryfan shots

Really really lovely.
Loving the square crop too.
Personally there's nothing I would change about this :)

Great Shot Stu!
I love the angle, not the normal shots you see of Tryfan, Cracking foreground really makes this a great image, lovely texture in the rock and nice sharp focus, Glad you dusted the camera off keep it dusted and post more!
Lovely to see the snow on the peaks, and lovely light. pity it died on you.... Anyhow well worth getting your toes wet for.
Nice Work Stu

Wow! Superb Stu. I’m loving this shot. Not the usual view of Tryfan but one that really does work. The exposure is spot on leaving the water just right. I also like how the rocks replicate the outline of the mountain ridges.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. It's been a while since I bolted on a landscape lens and whenever I do I curse myself for not doing it more often. It was a stunning location to just sit and watch the light move across the mountains.

I tried for an Etive Mor type of shot, but it's one of those comps that just falls short of fitting in to what you're after. Tryfan's just a bit too far away, the Rock is just a bit too big in the foreground. There's a slightly better composition there but it involves setting up in the river. Perhaps one for the summer eh? :D

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I would have preferred a shorter shutter speed but its a very nice shot anyway.

Back