Trying harder

Edit My Images
No
Ok more newbie efforts.

EVEN fired up photoshop although i have no idea how to use it properly.

C+C needed.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

First one is nice, to be honest not much more I can add. The scenery lends itself well to B&W...

The second one does nothing for me, it's a bit too busy and my eye doesn't know where to look, sorry...

Cheers Frankie
No need to apologise.

What about this, if anything it's even busier, however my eye is led down the path so to speak, so the picture does seem to have some purpose.

Or am i just trying to put words in your mouth ;)

IMG_0050.jpg

Yes and no, personally the path isn't quite defined enough to me, I get 2 trees in and then it loses the line and, as you say, goes a bit busy.

On the plus side, the snow looks nice ;)

i can see progress :)

The first one has the subject trees on a third, the horizon not far off a third and a leading line taking you into the distance on another third so not a bad composition. Not a scene to hold you interest though as it is all a bit bleak.

Second one is an illustration of different tree growth patterns and not particularly interesting. You need some context like the first picture.

Last one does lead the eye. Shame there is nothing there when you arrive. Needs a man with his dog heading into the distance or something.

Thanks Rob :)

There is something there, a boring box! Actually i think it's a bench.

It's definitely started me thinking about what i am pointing my camera at and the fact each shot does need a purpose, of sorts.

Back to the grind tomorrow, hopefully i'll get out next weekend to improve 1% more.

Have a read up on composition..... rule of thirds, leading lines, areas of colour, symmetry etc. Applies to art and photography just the same. look at art pictures on the wall and nature programs on TV and you will start seeing the composition 'rules' everywhere.

Back