two speedlights one trigger

Name
karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Is it possible to double up two yn560ii using one yn622n and a sync cable?

Or will I need another yn622n?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can set one as a slave to the other. I use a Yongnuo 560 III in manual with a Phottix Strato II radio trigger, and the other Yongnuo 560 II is set to slave to fire when the first Yongnuo does.

Yes it is, but you're obviously wasting the capabilities of the triggers just using dumb manual flashes.

Yes it is, but you're obviously wasting the capabilities of the triggers just using dumb manual flashes.

I find that by using manual flashes has helped me to understand what each light is doing and how to control it. Although, I'm relatively new to off camera lighting and I suppose that once I've gained more experience and confidence i would be happy using other techniques too.

I find that by using manual flashes has helped me to understand what each light is doing and how to control it. Although, I'm relatively new to off camera lighting and I suppose that once I've gained more experience and confidence i would be happy using other techniques too.
ETTL triggers aren't just great for using ETTL as an auto mode, you can manage the power of the flash guns in manual from the camera position too.

We always use manual in a static situation, but using ETTL triggers and flash guns means we don't have to run round the lights to make changes to the output.

Back to my point though, if you're happy doing that using manual flash guns, that's great but you could have saved your money and bought dumb triggers, the saving would have got you a new trigger and flashgun.

We always use manual in a static situation said:
That, I didn't know. Not having to run around changing power outputs would be so much easier!!!!

Lord knows what I have done to that last post!

Yeah I know about slave, however my scenario is, I'm using my non hss flash for high speed tail sync. And slave is not firing. My budget is a bit tight at the min. Ideally I'd have multiple yn568ex's and a handful of 622 triggers. A single gun is not powerful enough hence wanting to double up, I know another trigger would do the job, and probably will just get one, just didn't know if you could link two guns with a cable firing from one trigger.

Last edited:
Back