Two Spuds and an ID needed.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from this morning before heading off for the day.

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

This little guy came in so quick and shot off again I did not have much of a chance to cast my eye over it. It looks like a juvenile and I am tempted to say Marsh tit.

IMG_7193_filtered2.jpg

Another nice trio of shots Rich with loads of detail mate (y)
I am no expert by any means Rich but I reckon the 3rd one could be a Marsh Tit too as the bib tends to extend further down and around on a Coal Tit I thought ??
John

Three lovely shots, job to be certain with a youngster, especially front on but I would err towards it being a young Marsh Tit

Cracking set Rich. Can't help on the ID but the detail and colourings are spot on. Number 1 is my pick (y).

Thanks for the comments and help on the ID guy`s, with the feathers fluffed up like they are, it is difficult to tell. Will have to wait again for another chance.

Thanks for the comments and help on the ID guy`s, with the feathers fluffed up like they are, it is difficult to tell. Will have to wait again for another chance.

Side on so we can see the wings please :D

coal tit has a white patch on back of the head rich did this bird have one pictures ata funny angle pal
nice set as usual
regards ian

Three very good images i tend to agree with Scott Coal tit . As pointed out if you have a shot of the back of his head he will have the white patch. Keep up the good work mate and i will be in touch when i get back from Orkney (y)
Regards
Richard

I don't think its a Coal Tit. It looks more like a Marsh Tit to me. Using the Collins Bird Guide I reckon its a Marsh Tit because:

1. The Coal Tit has a wee triangle behind its eye that is more pronounced than this shot
2. The main reason I think its not a Coal Tit is the beak of a Marsh Tit is shorter and heavier like this one whereas a Coal Tit has a longer beak.

Neil

Back