Two wedding shots- Hot Or Not? **2 edits added**

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
I have gone cquite crazy with two of the shots from yesterdays wedding, dont worry I have 700 more which I wont go mad on the processing on. I was just wondering if you were the couple what would you think if you saw these photos? I like them but its easy to get carried away.

Ok now ignore these first two and let me know what you think of the edits. Im really happy with both of them, the first more than the second but both I like. Be great to get your oppinions though.

fay405-1.jpg

fay611-2.jpg

EDITS

fay405-1-1.jpg

fay618-1-2_-3_-1-1.jpg

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Fabulous - I'd be over the Moon

I really like the first due to the subject material but I would like to see it with the processing used on the second shot, I think it would suit it better and I would also crop some from the top and bottom to give a panorama style image.

Not keen on the second as to me the brides pose appears quite threatening/aggressive and there is too much shadow.

I really like the first due to the subject material but I would like to see it with the processing used on the second shot, I think it would suit it better and I would also crop some from the top and bottom to give a panorama style image.
Not keen on the second as to me the brides pose appears quite threatening/aggressive and there is too much shadow.

Thats a great idea but I HATE cropping outside the aspect ratio because of printing. Maybe give them two option? What do I do if they want the cropped one though?

How the heck can we answer for them? Realistically, whatever wow-factor there is now will wear off and date the shots so I would recommend providing at least something with minimal processing, for posterity.

How the heck can we answer for them? Realistically, whatever wow-factor there is now will wear off and date the shots so I would recommend providing at least something with minimal processing, for posterity.

I didn't mean answer for them I just meant if they were your wedding photos. I am only going with heavy processing on a couple.

My fist thought when I saw it would that it would be ideally suited for an album shot across two pages, maybe as a background.

As to printing just get it printed at a 'normal' size, cut it down, go to your local frame shop and put a mount round it, I think it would look pretty neat and would only cost a couple of quid.

My fist thought when I saw it would that it would be ideally suited for an album shot across two pages, maybe as a background.

As to printing just get it printed at a 'normal' size, cut it down, go to your local frame shop and put a mount round it, I think it would look pretty neat and would only cost a couple of quid.

Thats a really good idea, thank you. And is this kind of what you mean?

fay405-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the first one Luke, but I'm not keen on the second one.

Can I ask why your not keen on the second please? Im not 100% on it either but I have a few similar and im going to HDR one. Oh my goodness I cant believe I just said im going to HDR a wedding photo. Shoot me :nuts:

Can I ask why your not keen on the second please? Im not 100% on it either but I have a few similar and im going to HDR one. Oh my goodness I cant believe I just said im going to HDR a wedding photo. Shoot me :nuts:

I'm not too keen on the second one, because like hacker said, the pose looks too aggressive/threatening. Its meant to be a lovey-dovey, type senario, but she just almost looks very annoyed with him. I think this could be due to the processing and the amount of shadows that is in the image. I would quite like to see the image as colour, as I wonder if this would take the threatening angle off it.

1. Hot - with a crop.

2. Not - if you're going to silhouette them, leave some space between the heads so they don't turn into a bridegroomzilla creature. Also, the pose emphasizes the grooms, err, limited height.

I love the cropped one Luke Fantastic!!!!
As for printing my local printers print on a wide format printer and print any size you want upto 24" wide and as long as you want!

Okey Dokey thanks guys, I agree the processing has made it look a bit menacing. The problem with it in clour is the brown they are standing on, I couldn't do anything about that though because there was a small ditch so I would have lost their legs. Right off to work on the shot....

I'd have to agree with the concensus so far - first shot is great and I would be very, very happy with something like that for my wedding, I also think it worls better as a panorama. Second one I'm not so keen on, can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid.

Look forward to seeing some more from the wedding though!

I'd have to agree with the concensus so far - first shot is great and I would be very, very happy with something like that for my wedding, I also think it worls better as a panorama. Second one I'm not so keen on, can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid.

Look forward to seeing some more from the wedding though!

I decided a while ago not to really post my paid work stuff unless I wanted crit or comments which is kind of the point. Im generally happy with my work its just sometimes im not sure like the above shots. Also I spend so much blooming time uploading my personal work :D

On the first one, can you clone out that line between the car and the couple that goesof into the distance??

It catches my eye and, to me, ruins an awesome shot.

Well done.

The second I get, but would prefer something more significant in the shot with the couple. The first is "it's us with the awesome car we had!!" The second is "it's us next to a field".Not quite the same ring to, In my opinion.

On the first one, can you clone out that line between the car and the couple that goesof into the distance??

It catches my eye and, to me, ruins an awesome shot.

Well done.

The second I get, but would prefer something more significant in the shot with the couple. The first is "it's us with the awesome car we had!!" The second is "it's us next to a field".Not quite the same ring to, In my opinion.

I woudnt say it ruins it in my eyes ;) but I do agree its a distraction and wouldn't be hard to remove so I think I will.

I was attracted to the field shot because of the sky, just looked pretty.

1. Hot - with a crop.

2. Not - if you're going to silhouette them, leave some space between the heads so they don't turn into a bridegroomzilla creature. Also, the pose emphasizes the grooms, err, limited height.

:agree:

The pano version is great, and the floor line doesn't bother me either though for a print/album I probably would remove it

The second just doesn't do it for me, looks more like an attempt at a nice sky shot that just happens to have a couple in it. Had they been much closer in the shot (waist & above) but still smallish at the bottom right I think it'd have worked much better

Our Wedding on Saturday had slight Big-bird height issues too - and he was 6ft 1" !!! :eek:

Meaning I was shooting her at about 'Tit height' :D

DD

Last edited:
I love the crop version of number one the crop suits it much better and am a big fan of the colour version of number 2 who says you cant have a good landscape in your wedding album :)

:agree:

The pano version is great, and the floor line doesn't bother me either though for a print/album I probably would remove it

The second just doesn't do it for me, looks more like an attempt at a nice sky shot that just happens to have a couple in it. Had they been much closer in the shot (waist & above) but still smallish at the bottom right I think it'd have worked much better
Our Wedding on Saturday had slight Big-bird height issues too - and he was 6ft 1" !!! :eek:

Meaning I was shooting her at about 'Tit height' :D

DD

The point kinda was the sky, thats what inspired me. I did try shooting closer but I just lost the sky so it was pointless. It is basically a landscape with them in :)

Back