Typhoon and Others!

IMG_0008.jpeg

This was my last foray into photography before I had to give it up. RAF Elvington Museum. Fuji X100S. Although I can't manage a camera now, I can still post edit to my heart's content. If y'all don't mind post editing, I'll submit some more?

Great set, keep them coming ;)

I loved the Lightning (still do!) - nothing to beat watching them take off at RAF Binbrook. Amazing airplanes for their time.

Apologies for the repeat; I am trying to find the best way to reduce the sizes for this site. This is how I envisaged this Lightning, if we'd been allowed to stay until it was too dark to photograph!

IMG_0008_DxO.jpg

Typhoon is super sharp.
Love the XI Squadron Lightning. I spent 2 RAF tours on XI Sqn when they re-formed at Leeming as Tornado F3.

The Tiffy is an awesome shot... Great afterburner & dancing diamonds definition! Like the selective B&W conversion too...

Do you mind me asking where it was taken from?

Cheers,
Jez.

The Tiffy is an awesome shot... Great afterburner & dancing diamonds definition! Like the selective B&W conversion too...

Do you mind me asking where it was taken from?

Cheers,
Jez.
Thank you. IAT at Fairford about 6 years ago.

Last edited:
I have no idea why this is displaying, as it is. Can't get rid of the Thumbnail! Anyhoo, here is the Lightning F35 at IAT 17. I had fun with this one.

Its a USMC Lightning but it was piloted by one of our brave and fearless RAF lads who had been transferred to the Marine Corps. for the duration of the Airshow season. These are regular exchanges and it would allow US pilots to get to fly Typhoons etc.

_aaa5780lumintpe_lucid-1.jpeg

_aaa5780lumintpe_lucid-1.jpeg

_aaa4156int_lucid.jpg

This guy kept taking people on flights @ RAF Duxford. It was a crappy sky so.......

_aaa4168int.jpg

I wish I could say they found this damaged photo from the pocket of a groundcrew man in 1942. But I cant.

Back