Typhoon at Airbourne 2010 - C&C Welcome

Edit My Images
Yes
Amongst all the numerous Red Arrows and other fairly average shots I took at Eastbounre's Airshow this year, I got this one of the Eurofighter. Admittedly, it's the only reason I went this year, as I missed it in 2009.

I wanted to create something a little more dramatic, rather than your usual blue sky shot.

I really like the afterburners and the heat trail.

Always keen on your view and opinions. Please feel free to comment.

p783944221-4.jpg

Cheers

Bruce

Perhaps a bit of noise reduction on the clouds IMO.

Would you believe that I already have - full whack in photoshop elements. Perhaps it was not enough. Thank you for your comment.

Only comment from me, as we are British & it's "Reheat" (y)
Mick

Reheat? Is that what it's called? You learn something new everyday. I've obviously been watching too much Top Gun. Afterburner does sound better though. No?

i love this pic well done its probably my favourite plane photo ever, it looks so much better than having a blue sky (y)

And Typhoon has an ejection seat, not an ejector seat.

Fabulous photo by the way - the composition and atmospheric sky would look great as a painting too.

That's a lovely shot AND sky, of all the days i've spent down at Coningsby i've never seen a sky like that, matches the afterburners well !

When I saw 'Typhoon' as the title, I expected to see the old WW2 prop driven aircraft . . . :whistle: oh dear, showing my age. A great shot, so much atmosphere, I usually find jets a bit boring, but this one gets the (y)(y)(y) from me

CJS

Last edited:
Hey People,

Thank you for all the lovely comments, it really means a lot to me. I cannot believe it's the best plane photo some have seen. Such a compliment :) If you want to see it bigger, have a look on my flickr photostream here ....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29486653@N07/4933831313/sizes/l/

@Ziploc - it's a 3 image, 1 photo (obviously!) HDR, the tone map processing brought out the clouds, I desaturated it a bit, reduced the noise (but only to the sky), I sharpened and lightened the plane a tad, adding a little saturation to the reheat to bring out the glow. I'm sure I did something else, may be some levels adjustment, but cannot remember.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

Bruce

Awesome and stunning :clap:

I'd get a watermark on that one a bit quick.

What a shame no downloads allowed, would have been my new desktop background :D

Nice work.

Steve

Awesome and stunning :clap:

I'd get a watermark on that one a bit quick.

What a shame no downloads allowed, would have been my new desktop background :D

Nice work.

Steve

Try it now Steve, I wouldn't want to disappoint! No watermark either.

Fantastic shot. I'm sure thats just the sort of thing the pilots would like on the crew/briefing room wall

Reheat? Is that what it's called? You learn something new everyday. I've obviously been watching too much Top Gun. Afterburner does sound better though. No?

What a great shot, it looks outstanding! Reheat, afterburner - technically I think its called augmentation, but everyone I know refers to them as 'burners!

Cheesy

Back