Ullswater autumn falls

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
After having all my kit pinched recently fellow talk togger phiggy invited me to the lakes for an overnight stay and to allow me to scratch the itch of taking some snaps.. (4 weeks without kit now :crying:)
I used a fuji F5 body and the recently purchased 18-35 lens from another TP member (my first re investment purchase!)

Having heard great things about the S5 I was keen to see what I could achieve with it... It didnt stop raining at all during the day or night for that matter so crouched on a bank armed with Fuji S5 and new lens I grabbed this...
I struggled to find any decent compositions and this was about the best but presented a really nice autumn scene.

I have to say the menu system is hateful on the fuji if your used to any other system be it canon or nikon, however I was blown away with the results..providing tones as I saw them with the naked eye and detail in shadow and highlight meaning the water took all on 30 seconds of processing to bring out the white silky streams.
4074040757_23c206c382.jpg

coms and crits welcomed
cheers Andy

Sorry to hear about your recent issues (been there too), but glad to hear TP folk have helped you out so wonderfully! Did you expect anything other than rain, in the lakes? :)

I like the fact that you can see the detail in the rocks on the right, but they are a bit too dominant, IMHO.

cheers for the feedback guys.. i know what you mean about the left hand side thing... it was circumstantial, to the left of the image was phil in his spoiler jacket aptly named as its luminous orange and spoils any shot its in ,lol, and dennis in a bright red jacket whod found a nice patch of mushrooms and were shooting those.
cheers for the feedback folks

Lovely image, well taken.

Back