Underground Spirals / Painting.

jST

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
These photos were taken in a culverted watercourse in Bradford

Mainly using an LED array usually of the variety used to create orbs, a high powered laser pen and some LED torches / basic flashguns / A4 sheets of coloured opaque plastic.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg
IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

:geek:

They are in my humble opinion... awesome. Love the spirals, I take it the green squiggles on the ground was a laser pointed on the ground?

absolutely love the images plus the cropping you've done (y)

Wish there was something similar like that here :(

Oh, yeah.

Cracking photographs: colours, creativity and venue.

I'll go for.....#5 with a tad off the right. It has a real Blade Runner feel to it.

The blue in #3 is great.

Cheers....(y)

Cheers for the comments all :)

Like these.

Thanks.

Gather you used the correct confined space equipment and are confined space trained and had owners consent to enter the culvert.

It is a no to all three of your questions I'm afraid - It is about the size of a roadway underpass and easily accessible.

I'll go for.....#5 with a tad off the right. It has a real Blade Runner feel to it.

Thanks Andy, I think I'm with you on that - might get rid of a bit of the neg space.

Sunning work (y) a great location and you've utilised it brilliantly (y) :clap: :clap: I look forward to seeing some more work from you (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers Matt, nice of you to say so. Culverts and drains are definitely are great places to get some creatively lit shots.

IMG_1840.jpg

There'll be more soon.

J :geek:

Last edited:
brilliantly done....this style of photography is something i've never looked at, but I will now!

perfectly executed and can only really describe it as "eye candy"!!! (y)

As light trail photography goes, those are stunning! That has a thumbs up from me.

Awesome set of images!

I'm particularly drawn to the purple one. Was that a purple LED swung around as you walked down?

The group shot is really good too. Lit with torches?

Very cool, like these alot. Was doing spirals with wire wool last night, too much ambient light though. Love these spirals. The last shot for me though is my fave, just looks like something out of a horror film.

That's what I do for a living I clean river culverts for the Environment Agency.

That's rather interesting... I suppose you have access to a lot of places like this. The open section of Bradford Beck (nearby to where these were taken) is absolutely gopping. The water stunk of diesel, plus there were numerous smelly discharges running into the water, probably the cause of the demise of the dead otter we saw.

As light trail photography goes, those are stunning! That has a thumbs up from me.

Cheers dude :)

Awesome set of images!

I'm particularly drawn to the purple one. Was that a purple LED swung around as you walked down?

The group shot is really good too. Lit with torches?

The purple one was a single 1/1 flash burst behind a thin sheet of orange plastic, then walking towards the camera swinging the LED array at full extent.

Group shot lit with LED torches and "STAND STILL!"

More to come this Summer.

Very well done. :clap:
The first is the pick of the set for me.

Was the red burst in the first just a very powerful LED?

Good work, Lee.

I suspect that with low water levels this year the beck and underground bits will have a lot more visible parts to shoot if you have the patience....

Cheers for the continuous positive comments all.

Not a good idea to go into these kind of places when it has rained / is raining. Otherwise they're OK to walk through with a pair of chest waders.

*DISCLAIMER.

All these photos were taken at my own risk. I'm not encouraging people to do this kind of thing, culverts are dangerous and can flash flood very quickly.

Back