Unusual shots from Newcastle upon Tyne

Name
Garvin
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Newcastle town centre for a couple of hours with Galaxy66 a couple of weeks ago and these are some of the photo's.

I know these are not the usual pictures you would expect from Newcastle but C&C welcome as usual:

1. Looking straight up through three floors.
Lookup.jpg

2.Dog Leap Stairs
Stairs2.jpg

3.Art Deco Stairs
Stairs-1.jpg

4.The Theatre Royal
TheatreRoyal.jpg

5.Inside Windows Arcade
WindowsArcade1.jpg

6.At the back of Thomas Bewick workshop
Bewick.jpg

Last edited:
And four more.......

Building1.jpg

Building2.jpg

CentralMall.jpg

Hallway.jpg

All good, I like Dog Leap Stairs best. Personally I would have made it a bit more contrasty, HDR for most of them? I don't recognise the building in #9 and 10, what is it?

Stairs with more contrast as suggested by Rooster.

Pictures 9 & 10 are from Milburn House at the bottom of Dean Street I think.

Stairs2withextracontrast.jpg

Last edited:
I like your indoor shots Garvin, you captured the richness of the building fabric well, mine are not as wide, I had the 17-40 on, I will have to have another go with the 10-22:)

I did not spot the huge building in 7 & 8 when I was looking up the bank:D

No.10 for me, and that was another shot I did not get:D.

Great set (y)and well worth the trip.

Mine are sitting in my Flickr:)

Just like to add that if anyone is thinking of going to Milburn House it is monitored by CCTV and you will have to ask permission which is not guaranteed as the building manager at first refused us and only after a bit of persuasion he allowed us to take pics from the ground floor only!.

Mal, I've seen you pics on Flickr and they are great. Well worth putting on TP.

really nice. I love the indoor shots, you've got great colours but have you tried cooling down the white balance a little to make them a bit less yellow?

really nice. I love the indoor shots, you've got great colours but have you tried cooling down the white balance a little to make them a bit less yellow?

I might give that a try tonight. Thanks for the advice and watch this space for the results. :D

Not into architectural photography myself, but these shots are very impressive.

Thank you to everyone for their kind comments. :)

brilliant shots of my local patch!

One question, in The Theatre Royal photo.. what PP has been done? the blue car on the right seems to be missing two wheels and a front bumper? :LOL:

Hi Barry it was a levitating car. :LOL:

No not really, its an HDR picture (three pictures together) so the car must have been moving hence the missing bumper etc.

I find these pictures painfully distressing. Serves me right for driving non stop right through this elegant and very prosperous looking city, I had no idea - someone at Weston Supermare told us that all there was to see was coal!

Well your fantastic shots shows otherwise and guess that's the most we'll ever get to see of Newcastle upon Tyne. Beautifully balanced indoor exposures, btw. Thanks for posting them.

I find these pictures painfully distressing. Serves me right for driving non stop right through this elegant and very prosperous looking city, I had no idea - someone at Weston Supermare told us that all there was to see was coal!

Well your fantastic shots shows otherwise and guess that's the most we'll ever get to see of Newcastle upon Tyne. Beautifully balanced indoor exposures, btw. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Mark and I hope you get a chance to call in to our fine city one day.

I like them all, particularly number 5, but then I would, being from Newcastle....

Thanks Darren

Back