Upcoming Documentary

Name
mick
Edit My Images
No
Heads up if interested Sunday 30 March 23.00 BB4

Albert Watson

p01t9th2.jpg

Documentary following Albert Watson over the course of a day photographing the barren, beautiful landscape of the Isle of Skye.
Edinburgh-born Albert Watson is one of the world's most successful commercial and fashion photographers. He has lived in the US for over 30 years, where he has photographed more than 100 Vogue covers and created some of the most iconic celebrity images of the 20th century, from Albert Hitchcock to Naomi Campbell.
In recent years he has turned to landscape photography, and in this film he comes back to Scotland for his latest project. Albert reflects on his past work and discusses the challenges of transferring his unique style to landscape photography.
Documentary following Albert Watson over the course of a day photographing the barren, beautiful landscape of the Isle of Skye.

I was pleasantly surprised by it when it was on the other week. Deffo worth a watch.

Up until last year had a house on Skye and previously educated up there. Fantastic place (when the weathers nice), and the scenery is stunning. Thanks for the heads up. That photo of him is by the Quiraing in the north of the island. Some really outstanding rock formations there and a great place to see White Tailed Eagles.

Last edited:
Appreciate that (y)

Just programmed it to record and saw that there's the same program but concentrating on Anthony Gormley - early tomorrow morning. Some might find that of interest ;)

Watched it tonight. Very interesting, and, knowing Skye as well as I do just find the scenery and light amazing

Three assistants in tow, must have cost a fortune!

I think he said he was returning to New York with three useable shots as well

Just watched it as well, it was a PhaseOne 645DF.

View attachment 8806

Apologies for the poor picture, taken with my iPad from the TV :)

Edited on the laptop to put the picture the right way up - must have had the iPad upside down!!

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to watching this. Many thanks for the reminder - I hadn't even been aware of the series, until this thread.

I had to smile when he said somehing like, "All I need is a camera....." when he had 3 assistants :)

Interesting set up, though, especaiily to assistant who was viewing his photograohs in real time on the laptop.

Cheers.

Back