Upgrade from M6 to M50/M50mk2/M6Mk2/Buy EVF

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

A couple years ago i swapped from a 650d to an M6 Mk1 the main goal being to reduce the bulk of my kit to a more portable setup that would maintain a comparable level of quality.

Recently i have been missing having a view finder and really like the appeal of an EVF. The Add-on EVF for the M6 is not particularly cheap for what it offers so have been weighing up the options of upgrading a system that includes an EVF.

Has anyone got any experiences of upgrading from an M6 to an M50 ( mk1 or 2 , Does the m50 mk2 really offer much more for shooting stills? )

The other option i was considering but would require a significant increase in the planned budget could be to get an m6 mk2 kit that includes an EVF if the extra specs of the M6 are justifiable in the real world?

90% of my camera usage will be for stills. ( landscapes when out climbing & hiking and the occasional portrait session. )

Or i could buy an EVF for my m6 since its still the cheapest option overall. I do like to use a flashgun with a remote trigger occasionally but i guess I'd have to remove the EVF for that?

Thanks

Adam

I've just got back into interchangeable lens cameras having used Lumix compacts for quite a while.
This was by accident in a way as I was going to buy another compact that had a flip screen, viewfinder and 4K video.
The price of some of the compacts was in the same price region as some of the APS-C non-fixed lens cameras I was looking at.

I looked at the M6 as well as several other cameras (Sony, Fuji, Lumix, Olypus) and settled on the M50 Mk II with the 15-45mm kit lens. I also bought the EF-M 28mm f3.5 Macro for the macro work I do. I must say that I'm very pleased with the camera and its results so far.

Not to mention that I already have 2 EF lenses that are at least 25-years old and work perfectly with the M50 using a Viltrox mount.

Back