Upgrade to PS4 or play more PS3 games first?

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm tempted at some point to get a PS4 with The Last of Us Remastered as the first game.
I have played many games on the ps3 over the years, all the Drake ones, GTA IV and V, Borderlands 1 and 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space first couple, all the Batman ones(Asylum, city, origins).

However I've not yet played Mass Effect 2 (or 3), or skyrim (not sure its my cup of tea) yet and Im sure there a few other classics I'd still be happy to play to keep me going a few more months.

Decisions..

What other classic PS3 games have people tried that I might not have? Or should I just forget it and upgrade? (I tend not to do driving games or sport sims(although dont mind golf))

Cheers!

PS4 is great but for me, content is very early days.

I got one October last year and really only played Battlefield 4 consistently and that's only because I had no alternative.

I did play assassins creed, the pirate one. Was fun but ultimately unimpressed and boring.

Now playing destiny, it looks AMAZING but has some basic flaws at the moment such as the loot system etc but this is my go to game now but know I would have dropped it if I wasn't playing with friends.

IMO I wish I had waited but I wanted something new and Shiny.

PS3 wise, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Mass effect. GTA 5 etc all amazing, I will be buying GTA 5 for ps4 when its released also.

Skyrim is amazing, I lost 100s of hours into that game over the last few years, I was tempted to start again a few weeks ago before destiny turned up.

Take a look at current games and ones available in the next 6 months and decide then. If not wait 6 months and look again. Prices will drop and Sales will be on.

I've been thinking of upgrading too Keith. This is the longest I've ever waited after a new PS has been released.

I even ended up with two PS3's on release day. I've been weighing up the mixed feelings I've always had in the past when upgrading consoles. On the one hand "wow, look at the graphics now! haven't they moved on from my collecovision" But on the other hand "shame there is only three games that I want to play"

On the whole I am glad I've waited this long, and now that I have it's not much longer to wait until after Christmas when we might see another move in price.

I finally jumped and bought a PS4. The Last Of Us Remastered, Destiny and Assassin's Creed 4 are 3 titles that will easily occupy your gaming time. No Man's Sky on the horizon too.

Thanks for the thoughts guys! I think I'll hang on til after c*******s too.

Back