upgrading to nikon d300s

Edit My Images
No
HI there I am thinking of upgrading from my nikon d200, to either Nikon d300 or D300s but do i really want an slr that has video, but I have read that the new D300s has other new features that the D300 has like better resolution in low light.

I would welcome peoples thoughts regarding this

That's quite a common debate.
Only you know if you wany video.
I'd never use it and would always prefer not to pay for features I don't need.

I believe the 300s has a faster frame rate. Don't know about the low light resolution.

I've owned both the D90 and D300 and the IQ is identical aside from a slight (and I do mean slight) improvement in high ISO performance in the D90. Assuming the D300s uses this more up to date sensor that will be the only real difference of note between the D300 and D300s when it comes to taking pics. If you have fast lenses it's a bit of a moot point IMO.

d300s has a frame rate of 7 fr/per/sec 8 with the mb-d10 grip as opposed to 6 fr/per/sec on the d300. the external features are improved on the d300s feels more like the d700 with similar access to common features directly without havint to search menus.
for the sake of £100 the d300s is the better option rgb-photo are selling it at £1180.

Back