Upto £75 gift card from Jessops when you buy a Canon SLR

Don't be too tempted, theres a catch!
You are given a gift card in store which you can only spend on jessops products, in store.

Jessops said:
The Canon Gift Card can only be redeemed against Canon in-store purchases at any Jessops store for full or part payment

I'm thinking of getting the 50D and then using the gift card on a 55-250 IS.

Swings & roundabouts imo.
If you bought a Canon 50D from Jessops rather than WHE, with the £75 you would be £50 up
If you then used that £50 to buy for instance a Canon 10-22mm lens from Jessops, compared to WHE you would be out of pocket by £20.
I've not taken P&P into consideration because WHE do it for free on orders over £100.

This is old news.
Even one of the links to forum thread you posted contains a linked I posted to this very forum a week ago.
Lets keep this in perspective, rumours are not a foundation for fact.
We have Jessops staff here who use these forums, do you not think they have enough on their minds to worry about as it is?

The OP posted this as to whether the deal was worth it, not about the rumours for the future of Jessops.
Can we please keep it on topic.

Last edited:
Don't be too tempted, theres a catch!
You are given a gift card in store which you can only spend on jessops products, in store.

Just as a heads up, the gift card is for Canon products only not Jessops branded. As stated above, the Canon prices in Jessops are generally a reasonable amount higher than at other suppliers so it's not necessarily the best bargain. (Can you tell I'm trying to spend my £50 voucher without taking out another mortgage!)

Cheers
Steve

Back