Urban Wedding

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Just started editing Fridays wedding (the first of three over the weekend!) and thought I'd share the first few.

One of my first city centre weddings so it was all really about trying to find cool backgrounds and textures.

Anyway.....

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1488356162.189459.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1488356177.615061.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1488356193.151849.jpg

Ps - forgive any loss of IQ as I'm uploading on the fly from my phone :)

Certainly more challenging than the 'Chocolate Box Church and Garden' environment.
I'm liking No1, with the light and metering - but my eye is constantly drawn to the 2 windows and vent.
The pose, poise, elegance and pure relaxation in No2 is fabulous. Placement is lovely, but the Bride's hand and posy is severed.
3 has the smiles of the ladies caught in perfection.

Certainly more challenging than the 'Chocolate Box Church and Garden' environment.
I'm liking No1, with the light and metering - but my eye is constantly drawn to the 2 windows and vent.
The pose, poise, elegance and pure relaxation in No2 is fabulous. Placement is lovely, but the Bride's hand and posy is severed.
3 has the smiles of the ladies caught in perfection.

Thanks for the crit Paul. I definitely agree with the windows etc being distracting in the first image - think I'll spend some time cloning them out before I deliver the final set.

The no2 is a strong image But I do miss the hand and the flowers.the first the background demands to much attention. The 3th is the best for me but I would crop the upside just under the edge

Thanks for taking a look Kris. I'm pretty sure I've got a few frames of the same composition with the flowers included so I'll probably include both in the final set.

Hiya. I know nothing about wedding photography so couldnt give any advice what so ever. Purely from a viewer looking in the 3rd image is a really great image. The girls have pulled some fab shapes and poses whilst you captured them perfectly.
Granted no Bride and Groom but hey ho it works soooooo well !

Gaz

Hiya. I know nothing about wedding photography so couldnt give any advice what so ever. Purely from a viewer looking in the 3rd image is a really great image. The girls have pulled some fab shapes and poses whilst you captured them perfectly.
Granted no Bride and Groom but hey ho it works soooooo well !

Gaz

Thanks for having a look Gary! The third is probably my favorite so far as well - I got a bit bored with the usual bridesmaids shots so I just picked a neutral background and told them to cut loose :)

Cheers Adam :)

Yeah good spot, LXC03 with a few tweaks here and there, mainly just lifting the exposure & shadows a bit.
Yeah I thought so. It is quite distinctive but I like what you've done to take away from the often "overdone" look.

They're all nice enough for sure Danny. I'm a little at odds with no.2. I like the concept and the background suits well, I feel that the bride is a little too square on, for obvious reasons. I might have slid the groom in front just to help slim maybe. It's a toughy, had a similar situation on my last one and found I was very conscious all day of being square on.

They're all nice enough for sure Danny. I'm a little at odds with no.2. I like the concept and the background suits well, I feel that the bride is a little too square on, for obvious reasons. I might have slid the groom in front just to help slim maybe. It's a toughy, had a similar situation on my last one and found I was very conscious all day of being square on.

Sorry Kris - just noticed your post. Yep, completely agree with the above and it's an area I'll be working on! :)

Loving the bridesmaids shot.

Image no 1, I think is unflattering for a larger bride. Rather than face to face, position them to have some body cut in.

Image no 3...... not for me i'm afraid.

Back