US cars - open thread

52016538067_561dcb8641_h.jpg

We even have a lot of U.S. cars in Western Australia. The most iconic being the Mustang.
1918-Vintage_Cars.jpg

We even have a lot of U.S. cars in Western Australia. The most iconic being the Mustang.
View attachment 375196

Hi, we have many Mustangs here, too. FORD also imports and supports the U.S. Mustangs. GM cars were supported by OPEL dealers in some major cities. But this has stopped,
and there very few dealers here in Germany now. ---

This could also be called iconic :

L1008490_DxO-L35s-c.jpg

L1008555_DxO-L35s-28c.jpg

Hi, we have many Mustangs here, too. FORD also imports and supports the U.S. Mustangs. GM cars were supported by OPEL dealers in some major cities. But this has stopped,
and there very few dealers here in Germany now. ---

This could also be called iconic :

View attachment 375206

View attachment 375205
Ah, looks like the 1956-57 Corvette. 225HBP v-8. Zero to 60 in just 7.5 seconds!!

Nice FHC in the background of that first shot! Not that the Plymouth is ugly!!!

A lot of these US cars are not that well known or familiar with us overseas members. Could you put a description in your post, like: make - model - year - colour etc?

Hi, I do not know all the details of the cars in my pics, apart from make (and colour ( ;))). But they can be found here :

In future, I could take pics of the info attached to the cars.

Hi, I do not know all the details of the cars in my pics, apart from make (and colour ( ;))). But they can be found here :

In future, I could take pics of the info attached to the cars.
That would be great. I thought that as you had a lot of US car images that you were an enthusiast.

That would be great. I thought that as you had a lot of US car images that you were an enthusiast.

Hi, I am an enthusiast, but not an expert. - There was a time, when GM brought a new car model each year, which makes it very difficult to be specific (or easy to be wrong) :) ... ---

Cadillac Eldorado convertible 1976
Cadillac-Eldorado-Convertible.jpg

Late 60's Pontiac Catalina.
5788-Pontiac-Catalina.jpg

Hi, Greg, I like your creative, artistic US car pics very much. (y) They add another dimension to this thread.

My approach is more straightforward, documentary. I get a press badge from the organizers at events, which allows me to take pics before the general public comes.

But the organizers want pics they can use for their event archives. They tell me "no creativity, please". Which is allright with me, not being creative ... ( :LOL: ).

So Caddy pics from me ... :

L1006596_DxO-v50cc.jpg

L1006587_DxO-v50.jpg

L1006588_DxO-v50c.jpg

L1006595_DxO-v50c.jpg

Have to admit that I really don't like the heavily processed type of shot, although the make and model information is nice to have.

Back