User Name - What's The history?

(y)

(I'm not sure I could eat a whole one though )

Prefer them in a warm and hearty stew........ Alpaca's though....... mmmmmmmmm

I prefer cats...

Years ago my mam won a little battery powered lamp in the shape of a dog at bingo. I grabbed it off her just before she threw it in the bin and I've had it ever since. So...

Woof woof ties in well as I like the little smirking doggy and I like photography and many of my shots either by accident or design are woof... way out of focus (x2) :D

Mine is my first name and the initial letter of my surname. I have a surname which approximately 90% of people spell wrongly even when they've seen it written, so I didn't think it was fair to include it.

Thanks for the clarification. He's the one on the right. Got it.

your right as you view the picture - my left in the picture ;)

also he's the one with the fluffy antlers :LOL:

its 'shrap- nel' - I suppose you could be "Ky ell" though ;)

Branding.............. I needed a name nobody else was using.. I wanted short as possible.. I literally sat down wiht pen and paper and mixed a few words and letters and came up wiht KIPAX ... that was oh.. can't remeber how many yrs ago.. I now use KIPAX for all messagboards, social media.. credits.... I am fairly well knownfor photogrpahy in my home town and surrounding areas but everyone thinks my name is kipax.. thats what everyone calls me to my face...I have spent yrs getting the name known and the only way is to use it... I dont believe in name-photogrpahy as a requirement.. look at elephant insurance or asda even.. name doesnt have to mean anyhting.. its the way you promote it that counts... Mine seems to have worked..
I always thought yours was something to do with Man City and the Kippax stand at Maine Road.....

Mine comes from part of my middle name. Part of my first name. The end bit is from my nickname in my army days......

First name and first letter of my surname. I use the same one on several forums.

Lugworm...years and years of sea angling, a favourite bait of mine, just thought I'd have a change from tonyfromalnwick.

I wanted to use part of my name but also include a number. I'd just bought a Nikon D300 so there you go.
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but which bit of "ChrisE" is a number? Or a reference to a D300?

Edit: Rather amusingly, when I type D300 my phone "corrects" it to D750. Does it know something I don't?

Last edited:
I have used my nick since 1992 when i first went on to the net and used IRC. Some people then thought it was to do with sound waves but no it was simple conincidence. I looked at picture on the wall it was a a sea scape so hence wave

Perhaps I need to get the mods to change it.
Only the admin can do that, use the contact us button, and request a user name change (y)

I hate mine.
It dates back to the first forum I ever joined when I first discovered the interwebs. It was a forum for car audio enthusiasts and at the time being young and stupid all I was interested in was loud booming bass and thought that my username was pretty cool and reflected that. Very quickly after that I learnt too things. 1. What I considered to be loud really wasn't and 2. I became much more interested in chasing perfection in sound quality. Both of those things made my username pretty daft, but by that point it had already stuck.

As for why I use it here, that's down to a complete lack of originality. :geek:

I hate mine.
It dates back to the first forum I ever joined when I first discovered the interwebs. It was a forum for car audio enthusiasts and at the time being young and stupid all I was interested in was loud booming bass and thought that my username was pretty cool and reflected that. Very quickly after that I learnt too things. 1. What I considered to be loud really wasn't and 2. I became much more interested in chasing perfection in sound quality. Both of those things made my username pretty daft, but by that point it had already stuck.

As for why I use it here, that's down to a complete lack of originality. :geek:

And all this time I though you were a precision man. :runaway:

For my 40th Birthday (more than 12 years ago...ahem) my wife bought me a cherished plate, simple as that

i had just watched a documentary on the Bismarck & Tirpitz before i joined up. when prompted for a username it was the first thing that popped into my head:whistle:

Back