Very first football match

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited by a moderator:
The action is well caught.

The fence in number one is wonky which is very distracting and i feel there is too much space around the subjects. all very fixable though :D

Hi Choccy, i think most togs will certainly pull you over a couple of things.

Check your horizons, its way off in the first pic. You need to seriously crop the first pic, theres way too much blank space.

Take a peek at my footy photo set just below and do a search for KIPAX's footy pics, theyre some seriously good stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the horizon correction. Did I do ok using TV mode. Wanted to go M but the light was changing every other minute from very cloudy and dark to bright side on sunlight.

The main thing I wanted to do was stop the action so I set it to 1/1000 and between ISO 400/800 or would I have been better using AV with F4 and ISO 800. Bit upset I used AWB too as I normal set this manually but didn't have white or grey card on me.

Any other tips especially what to and how to focus. Not exactly sure where on the subject I should be focusing. Using pictures will help me understand better if you could help me.

Liked KIPAX's photos and noticed most are shot at F2.8 which is why I asked about AV mode.

Choccy...

The crop that Marcel did is way better. If you have too much space around the action you have a tendency to get lost in the photo.

Back