Victorian Teenagers

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
A little explanation first. I work at a high school, and was asked to take a few portraits of Drama students for their portfolios. I took the shots just before they performed The Importance of Being Earnest, in full Victorian period dress. The sun was probably a bit lower than I'd have liked, but the models were fantastic. Anyway, on with the photos...

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Six:

I wanted to get more group shots, but a waning camera battery and fast encroaching performance put paid to that, sadly!

C&C very welcome, clicky for flickr / big versions :)

Looks like you had an interesting shoot fmc... i like the first two, but with the others it looks like you needed a little more light to reduce the shadows.

It would have also been nice to see them full length to get the most out of the costumes.

Lee

These are just crying out for some PP trickery as they look a tad too modern...
4,5 and 6 are great as the poses and expressions seem to be more akin to Victorian images (y)

vic-girl1.jpg

Poses are all a bit ... un interesting. I like the last one with the differential focus.

I am afraid you can't call them Victorian teenagers ... no such thing, the teenager was invented in the 60s.

yeah - some sort of extra light, either via a reflector or even the built-in flash wouthld have been useful. Add a bit of pp to take them to black and white, maybe a sepia tone (maybe not as much as Myky ;)) and Roger's your mum's brother.

In all seriousness - I agree with the above from Gravyboy et al - give it a sepia tone (and no - not as much as mine - that was just a 2-min off-the-cuff silliness, obviously), and play about with burning it etc - give them a worn/damaged look.

Consider the lyrics of Green Fields Of France:

"Or are you a stranger without even a name,
Frozen forever behind a glass pane,
In an old photograph, torn and battered and stained;
Fading to yellow in a brown leather frame?"

Inspiration:

John%20Allison%20Murphy%20A.jpg

Back