Vietnam - you were'nt there man

Name
james
Edit My Images
Yes
Little play tonight. Taken with my trusty 50mm , fair bit of work in Lightroom and CS3 .

1 - Vietnam , You weren't there man !!

youwerentthereman1of1.jpg

I don't follow what you are trying to convey, James.

As a shot not bad, but a few negative points for me, the frame is too close to the edge of the image for my liking, think I would have preferred to see the other edge of the frame in shot as well, Plus points, well exposed, clean image with nice DoF.

As for the Vietnam reference, not seeing that in the image I am afraid, the shot is too clean to portray a connection of The Vietnam War I afraid, sorry.

Im to fail to see a connection and the image is a little too far to the left if you get my drift ,"MAN":LOL::LOL:

would have liked to have seen the full glasses in shot :eek:

good effort for a 50 though, Ive just bought one and I love it!

Les (y)

Thanks for all the comments , what i orignally wanted to achieve but didnt quite have time was to have to have the glasses in the same position ( maybe withe a slightly larger frame ) but with fire reflecting off the front of the glasses. Now i didnt achieve this because

a: i ran out of time
b: was told by my other half that im not allowed to set fire to the kitchen work surface for the sake of a photo

i personally think she was being unfair but never mind , what i shall do is wait untill she is out and hope she hasnt hidden the matches !!

I could have probally added the fire effect is CS3 but really wanted to achieve it traditionally

anyway this shot i suppose is more of a trial shot before the fire shot . i was more playing in lightroom and cs3 for affects and im still mucking about with layer masks and other things.
The conversion to JPG isnt great on this and something ive only noticed since posting.

When the fire shot is done the whole Vietnam reference should hopefully make a bit more sense.

The work in lightroom and cs3 is balancing colours, temp playing with sharpness and other bits and bobs. I then took it in to CS3 and played with masking and layers. To be honest if you had seen the original you would understand where the work has gone. I grant you its not till everyones taste and you may not see where the work has gone but you didnt see the orignal image

The work in lightroom and cs3 is balancing colours, temp playing with sharpness and other bits and bobs. I then took it in to CS3 and played with masking and layers. To be honest if you had seen the original you would understand where the work has gone. I grant you its not till everyones taste and you may not see where the work has gone but you didnt see the orignal image

Aha, methinks I spot a clue!
If only there was some way we could ;)

For me the blue lenses is just wrong, surely it should be dark brown/black. Then you could shoot a huey in flight and place it in the lens as a reflection along with the flames et al:)

Nice idea / project James, but you've got a hell of a lot more time to put in before you reach mach one.

Back