Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
leeds.jpg

Hope you like this

look forward to your CC

Karl

The trees in the foreground are way too distracting. Other than that it's a nice picture!(y)

Where did you take it from?

I like it looks very clean and i love the different in trees to buildings well done

Kirk

thank you for the comments, as for the trees to get a shot like this of the town proves quiet imposible and this is the only place so far i found (it is by the john charlse centre for sport)

thanks Kirk :)

Just thought i would add i took this shot hand held!! f16 1/13 iso 250 66.0mm

Karl, this is a difficult one. It seems a bit wishy-washy to me, albeit sharp (especially given the shutter speed hand-held). But whatever the faults or virtues of the shot technically, all it tells me is that Leeds is a deeply unattractive place. Gasometers, tower blocks, lamposts and harsh, dull concrete. It is so brutal.

This kind of shot should make me want to curse every postwar urban planner that ever set his eyes on the towns and cities of this poor old country, but it doesn't do it well enough to strike an emotional chord. Are you trying to show Leeds as beautiful, or ugly? The fact is, its ugly. Make me care that it is.

BTW, the silver birches in the foreground would make an amazing subject on their own at this time of year.

Last edited:
Karl, this is a difficult one. It seems a bit wishy-washy to me, albeit sharp (especially given the shutter speed hand-held). But whatever the faults or virtues of the shot technically, all it tells me is that Leeds is a deeply unattractive place. Gasometers, tower blocks, lamposts and harsh, dull concrete. It is so brutal.

This kind of shot should make me want to curse every postwar urban planner that ever set his eyes on the towns and cities of this poor old country, but it doesn't do it well enough to strike an emotional chord. Are you trying to show Leeds as beautiful, or ugly? The fact is, its ugly. Make me care that it is.

BTW, the silver birches in the foreground would make an amazing subject on their own at this time of year.

Just read this part he he the reason being is because it wasnt a very clear view it was slightly misty towards the buildings :)

Back