Vilamoura Marina

Its hard to tell with web res unless they are really s***, as the downscaling hides a lot of issues you'd see at full res, same with minor focus issues. Any sharpening applied may help. Light, tones, composition/subject matter are good as is exposure. They're fine at this res, but use a tripod and cable release/self timer plus mirror lock up (live view will do this on a D90)

Its hard to tell with web res unless they are really s***, as the downscaling hides a lot of issues you'd see at full res, same with minor focus issues. Any sharpening applied may help. Light, tones, composition/subject matter are good as is exposure. They're fine at this res, but use a tripod and cable release/self timer plus mirror lock up (live view will do this on a D90)

Thank you both. The light in the evening was lovely, just wish I could have taken better images.

In what way though? Just sharper you mean?

Only other thing you could have done was to use a tripod with trigger or with the timer but as you say if you didn't have it it's the best you could do. Don't be too harsh on yourself. The shots I did last night were a bit of a let down but I know what to look out for next time.

Live and learn mate. (y)

Back