Vintage Lancaster

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
wont be to everyones cup of tea but only shot i have . was taken at Biggin Hill and the lancaster wasnt part of the display and was just leaving to go to another show.
weather was pretty grotty at the time ( overcast and raining ) and we had literally just arrived to catch it departing.
so decided to just mess around with photoshop to make a composite shot

14945155482_7901ee81ab_c.jpg

Never heard of the dambusters Bernie ?,
I like this, the PP is very good you've done well with the reflection on the water.

understand what you are saying Bernie. however with the landing gear still down its actually just taking off over "the lake" so in that respect i dont think the amphibious comment makes much sense as its not taking off on the water

The water seems a bit too clear/contrasty compared to the background for me

Its a point of view Dean, but although it's pleasant enough to look at it's the first thing that springs to mind. I think scrub land would have worked better, if hiding the modern airport was the idea.

the treeline and trees are real and part of the original shot. only think thats added tot he composite is the water.
original shot below .. as you can see i didnt have much of an image to work with
pretty awful flat skies and a huge pylon right in line of sight.
was pretty much the first shot id taken of planes before so was still fiddling with camera settings which didnt help matters

SOOC shot just converted to jpeg

14771913860_555c3f2ac3_b.jpg

I'm with Bernie as far as the water is concerned. Infant it looks like it's about to ditch into a lake.

Original photo wise, shame about the low cloud/mist. Good choice of shutter speed though.

was a real pita as when we arrived we didnt know which direction the planes were taking off/arriving and had literally got there 2 mins before the lanc took off and was pretty much just walking along the side of the runway when it came taxi'ing along so just had to grab the camera and fire off a few shots.
thankfully the day brightened up and was able to get some half decent shots of the arrows, spitfires and various other prop planes and the like.
as said the lanc was an unscheduled stopover enroute to another show so just to catch one was a great bonus.
hopefully will get a chance again soon and if weather improves they will make the appearance at Dunsfold and will with luck try and get down there.

Just photoshop out the wheels and the reflection of the wheels and it would look like it was practicing for a dam busters raid.

Back