Visiting Bullfinch

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from my garden today so nice to see them return.

Bullfinch-2.jpg

Bullfinch-06022014.jpg

A couple of nice shots Anton. The colours look a little over-saturated to me, and certainly the blues need de-saturating on the second. If you look at the top of his head (which should be black) on the second, you'll see what I'm referring to and get a much more natural look. If you make that adjustment, then I think no.2 will be excellent.

Lovely pair of photo's there Anthony. I prefer the second one mainly for the detail of the lichen,but both are pin-sharp and stunning.

I like the second.

Number two for me too.

There's certainly detail in number one but number two just makes for a more pleasing shot in my opinion.

A couple of nice shots Anton. The colours look a little over-saturated to me, and certainly the blues need de-saturating on the second. If you look at the top of his head (which should be black) on the second, you'll see what I'm referring to and get a much more natural look. If you make that adjustment, then I think no.2 will be excellent.

I agree with Mike here Anton

Hi Mike, this one was from today with additional care with processing.

Bullfinch-on-pirch-2.jpg

Thanks

Antony

Another good shot Anthony and the subject is sharp enough. The Blacks do look a bit better than the last ones but still has a Blue cast across the image, you can see this more on the branch. Also it looks heavily saturated with regards to the colour, I have done an edit and hope you do not mind, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it. Depending on how you see it we can progress from there as to what the best way forward will be.

Bullfinch-on-pirch-2_filtered_zps6e4e9578.jpg

Anthony, Rich

Rich's edit looks good on my screen.

For colour - compare the white area around the bird's bum, for exposure look at the black wing feathers.

I like this one though Anthony. Lovely pose as they can easily look like footballs at times.

This new one is closer to what it should be like in my opinion, although Rich's effort shows better colours.

The composition is a little unbalanced with the bully being slap bang in the middle of the frame, but with this setup and background, a cracking shot is just waiting to happen (y)

Another good shot Anthony and the subject is sharp enough. The Blacks do look a bit better than the last ones but still has a Blue cast across the image, you can see this more on the branch. Also it looks heavily saturated with regards to the colour, I have done an edit and hope you do not mind, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it. Depending on how you see it we can progress from there as to what the best way forward will be.

Bullfinch-on-pirch-2_filtered_zps6e4e9578.jpg

Thank you Rich, you are correct in the colouring, I need to back track in my processing to see what I have done to change the natural colour from the original RAW file if I get stuck I shall give you fellas a shout.

Back