Vivian Maier

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't think this has been mentioned on here before but just watch the trailer and tell me it doesn't make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I can't wait for the film to come out, it's fascinating.
How did this pass me by? It was here twice in 2011 but I don't remember seeing the exhibition advertised in London

http://www.messynessychic.com/2013/02/18/found-at-auction-the-unseen-photographs-of-a-legend-that-never-was/

Edit: Well, it seems I should have trawled the archives a bit more as this has been discussed but I think the film is yet to be released.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, wonder if he owns the copyright as well, could be the bargain of the decade if he does!

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

My wife bought me "Street Photographer" - Vivian Maier for Christmas, I would highly recommend it.

The discovery of the cache of pictures by this otherwise unknown photographer is an amazing story.

Looks interesting, wonder if he owns the copyright as well, could be the bargain of the decade if he does!

I believe he does - it's been called the discovery of the century because it has uncovered her work, but also because it has made John Maloof the holder of a potentially very valuable archive.

Ever since this story first came out I've been hoping for a documentary, an extremely interesting tale and the photos are stunning.

Andy

I'm going to wander up to the Photographers Gallery and see if I can pick up a copy of the book.

The book is well worth the wander. Some if her images are simply stunning in my view.

wow....thanks for sharing this link....what a find

Just treated myself to the book, heading home for a well deserved cup of tea and a peruse.

Brilliant, thanks! I was trying to remember her name just yesterday.

Back