Vulcan 607

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure many of you will have read the book, here is one of the stars of the book....

RAF-Avro-Vulcan-XM607-HDR-photo.jpg

Vulcan XM607 of Black Buck fame.

Was good to finally get a good photo of it.

Last edited:
A truly remarkable piece of kit, looking forward to seeing a Vulcan flying again soon.

Can't agree more, just a shame it didn't fly at Biggin hill, all that red tape and paperwork still keeping it grounded, fingers crossed for next year.

Peter

All Air worthiness tests passed.
Awaiting permits and Crew display certification.
Still hoping to display at Waddo but depends on finances.

Would be a fitting place to return .

Where was that taken Gord?

Thats lovely Gord.
Dean:)

Thanks for the comments guys.

As already said, the Vulcan has virtually got all the paper work they need so there is a chance of seeing it at RAF Waddington's Air Show but I hear there is some discussion over the cost of getting it to display. I hope they come to some type of arrangement, would be good to see, especially at Waddo with all the history.

Where was that taken Gord?

RAF Waddington, where a lot of Vulcans were based when they active aircraft and where the Black Buck missions were worked up.

Ironic that after so many gate guardians and museum pieces got canabilised to make 607 fly on Black Buck that it becomes one itself :D

Fantastic story that one, if any of you havent read it, go get it - its a fascinating tale of British mucking through!

Back