Vulcan Bomber Leuchars Airshow

Name
Willie
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to my first airshow on Saturday & took over 1k photos, now sifting through them :puke: the weather was a bit tricky at times.

4982793900_16f2aa83c0_z.jpg

4982791366_746e191948_z.jpg

4982188265_c63054aa37_z.jpg

4982187679_f3f9d6d06d_z.jpg

4982191491_d86f4ce845_z.jpg

Made the trip over for this and was in traffic for over four hours so gave up and turned back. Am still livid to be honest with you.

Looks like you had a good day though mate, particularly like the second shot....great detail.

It was a great day out.

Like 3 the best.

and was in traffic for over four hours so gave up and turned back. Am still livid to be honest with you.

Know what you mean Ian. Fortunately we were only stuck for about an hour on the "park and ride" bus getting into the base, during which time the heavens opened big style.
Getting out was a bit more trying. Over three hours parked in a muddy field waiting to be released. Good job they had a couple of coffee stalls (that were doing a roaring trade)

Still, any day when you can see the Vulcan and the B-o-B Lancaster / Spit / Hurricane combo plus the Reds and some Typhoons must be classed as a good 'un.

Great set there Willie, its a beast of a plane mate i was at goodwood festival of speed this year and one of these put on a show for about 15 mins it was spectacular.(y)

Love the vulcan, such a gracious looking plane that is after you have your ear drums bruised by the roaring engine!

Last one does it for me. :)

I've still to dump mine from the camera which I'll do later today. We were very lucky with the weather, turned out much better than expected.
As for the traffic, an hour on the train from Edinburgh, 15-20 min walk to show. Same going home, 20 min walk to station, 15 min wait for train and an hour home. It's the only way to get there and back with your sanity intact.

I too love the Vulcan & these photos,

but I am biased my OH displayed her until 2008.

It flew over my house on Sunday 12th - fairly low too.

Last edited:
Love that third shot, the light has just caught the wing and nose nicely! (y)

Back