Vulcan XM603 at Woodford

Name
Kerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to an event run by Timeline Events at the Avro Heritage Museum in Woodford last week. They had some reenactors, and there were plans for smoke etc, but the weather meant that didn’t happen. Got to be honest, I was more interested in the plane than the reenactors, but it was a good night. We got some shots in the cockpit that’s inside the museum itself too; that was mainly because by then the weather was too bad to do anything else outside.

The white plane is XM603, and the cockpit is salvaged from XM602, which was scrapped after a crash.

On the way home I stopped at the airship hangars in Cardington; it’s hard to take it quite how enormous they are. I didn’t have a banana for scale, so I used my car :)

The plane shots were with my X-T1 and the Fuji 16-80 lens; cockpit shots were my X-T30 with the TTArtisan 7.5mm F/2 Fisheye; and the hangar shots are my X-T30, with the Viltrox 13mm F/1.4.

DSCF8141.jpeg

DSCF8149.jpeg

DSCF8176.jpeg

DSCF6855.jpeg

DSCF6862.jpeg

DSCF6879.jpeg

Love the shots of the Vulcan. And yes, those hangers are big. Didn't realise they had built in such close proximity. Didn't they want to knock them down and develop the area at one point?

Love the shots of the Vulcan. And yes, those hangers are big. Didn't realise they had built in such close proximity. Didn't they want to knock them down and develop the area at one point?
I think so; when I was reading up on them beforehand I saw some stuff about that. There are houses pretty much all around them, a lot of which didn't appear to be getting much sun!

Back