Wales in late Autumn

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

So I have been waiting for my website to be completed before uploading these - But going through my photos last night I just decided I could wait no longer.

Back in late October I went on a holiday that was holiday orientated, based in Conwy. For those of you who don't know I was fortunate enough to win this holiday, otherwise it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to go on one.

It was a fantastic holiday where I learnt a lot and opened my eyes to the fact that for proper photography you have to concentrate rather than doing it while hiking, so since then I've been trying to do a day of walking a week and then on my own a day of photography.

The guide who was a professional photographer was great, very nice and never harsh with his critique but yet at the same time if it was a bad photo would let you know so as not to delude yourself. However and I think this is a good thing he let me do my own thing a lot of the week as he thought I was capable enough which meant what I did bring home I felt was mostly my own work and not his. However what I cant thank him enough for is introducing me to some fantastic locations (a lot I will revisit in better lighting hopefully) and the support he and everyone gave me while there.

Anyway onto the photos.

People lost on Conwy Mountain:
people_lost-1.jpg

Trees from Conwy mountain:
trees-1.jpg

The Snowdon Horseshoe from Llynau Mymbyr (this has to be one of my fave views of all time, I shall revisit this in better lightning for sunrise/sunset for sure!!!):
snowdon_horseshoe-1.jpg

Ogwen outflow:
ogwen_outflow-1.jpg

Llyn Dinas calm:
llyn_dinas_stone-1.jpg

My fave shot of the week, Conwy Castle by night:
conwy_castle_night-1.jpg

More to be added in a sec.

Last but not least, a wild pony on Conwy Mountain:
wild_pony.jpg

Sorry for having to spread it over multiple posts, only way I could do it. If this is not OK mods please delete.

Thank you for looking. There are a couple more from the week but i've left these off for now as I feel I have shown you the best. If you enjoyed looking please keep an eye out for my website once it becomes completed and I'll post more topics up as I go along.

Granty

Thanks for all your replies.

I think its the grey skies ones that look under exposed but I was struggling extremely with low light to get anything at all.....bring the exposure/fill light up in light room and it looks to garish...so I settled with how they was.

Histograms were fair-ish when I was reviewing images after taking.

Like the night one of Conwy Castle. You're really limited for angles that remove any modern transport features there!

You sure are and as sunset was at 5pm back then there was no choice but to have light trails...I tried a 5 second exposure when there were no cars but it just didnt look right as the water wasnt blurred enough.

I live in North Wales and I thought you have captured the colour of the mountains, the castles and boats really well, I have really enjoyed seeing your photos.

Like the boat against the castle, the abstract texture, refelcted tree and the bridge shot thru the arrow slit.
Good colours, good detail and a good eye there.

Back