~ Wales Rally GB 2010 ~

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, superb event all weekend - pace of Solberg & Loeb was immense.

A small selection from the 4 days

Henning ~ Cardiff SS

IMG_8873.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/2.8, 1/60, ISO 1600

Solberg ~ Sweetlamb

IMG_9273.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/4, 1/320, ISO 320

IMG_9285.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/4, 1/320, ISO 320

IMG_9499.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/5, 1/320, ISO 320

Last edited:
Loeb ~ Halfway

IMG_9617.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/10, 1/125, ISO 100

IMG_9773.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/5.6, 1/320, ISO 100

IMG_9989.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/4, 1/160, ISO 1600

Margam

IMG_0206.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 400

IMG_0218.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 400

IMG_0368.jpg

7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM ~ f/11, 1/40, ISO 320

Thanks!

drew

Love them all, but the one of Henning (#1) is a stunner! Great shutter-speed. (y)

Awesome. Want to learn how to take photos like this!
Love number 8. Absolutely mint.

I think I have seen a couple of these on the Rally forum. Very nice ;)...I wish I produced photos like these ones :crying:. Just out of curiosity, with regards to the focus points - do you have the camera on automatic select for the focus points or just one point selected (manual select)?..especially on the panning shots? If that makes any sense. :thinking:

I think I have seen a couple of these on the Rally forum. Very nice ;)...I wish I produced photos like these ones :crying:. Just out of curiosity, with regards to the focus points - do you have the camera on automatic select for the focus points or just one point selected (manual select)?..especially on the panning shots? If that makes any sense. :thinking:

Clarwel, for motorsport photography, I always set to 'manual centre-point focusing', AI-Servo and high-speed continuous shooting. The 7D goes one better, and has 'centre-point expansion' focusing, which is nice (y) Sorry to hijack, Drew.

I like those.

Good colourful subjects, sense of speed and plenty of action.

#1 is using ambient light nicely and #8 looks great although its not the sharpest shot of the set, I still like it the most.

Clarwel, for motorsport photography, I always set to 'manual centre-point focusing', AI-Servo and high-speed continuous shooting. The 7D goes one better, and has 'centre-point expansion' focusing, which is nice (y) Sorry to hijack, Drew.

Oh good! Those are the settings that I have always used...nice to see that I correctly sussed that one out. :LOL:(y)

Lovely set of shots mate, the lighting in #6 is very nice.

Only one I'm not too keen on is #8, the crop makes everything look a bit squished in the frame? Not sure if I'm making sense there!

We must have been stood about 20 yards from each other in Sweet Lamb judging by your shots here..

All the best,

Rhod

Thanks all

no worries, cheers - was focus mode that looks like a cross + (y) ai servo and hi-speed always :)

Lovely set of shots mate, the lighting in #6 is very nice.

Only one I'm not too keen on is #8, the crop makes everything look a bit squished in the frame? Not sure if I'm making sense there!

We must have been stood about 20 yards from each other in Sweet Lamb judging by your shots here..

All the best,

Rhod

thanks matey, will try a wide crop on #8 (y)

never knew that, will have to try and meet up with guys at an event sometime soon, might be at the christmas stages (y)

drew

Number 3 of Solberg looks like he has gone in to the bay with the angle of the car and huge splash.

I so wanted to go and had tickets but my Granddad was inconsiderate and died on the wednesday morning.

Great photos.

Back