Walk above Dovestone Reservoir

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Went for a walk along the hills overlooking Dovestone Reservoir near Oldham this morning. I haven’t posted for a while having lost my photography mojo for a bit and it ended up being a bit of a baptism of fire (or rain). The weather was brutal when I got to the top, to the point that I could hardly see because of the driving rain on my glasses (not what I needed first time back out). It turned into a very hard 7 mile trek but think I ended up with some half decent shots which always softens the blow.
Here are the best I got, using Sony RX100 vii, and also helped out by my phone which was better able to handle the extreme weather…

Overlooking Dovestone Reservoir by NPUK, on Flickr

Hills at Dovestone Reservoir by NPUK, on Flickr

Monument over Dovestone Reservoir by NPUK, on Flickr

Hill at Dovestone Reservoir by NPUK, on Flickr

On my way back to the car I also encountered a low level flight on it’s way into Manchester airport which I managed to get a snatched zoom shot of which turned out better than I expected….

Incoming flight over Dovestone Reservoir by NPUK, on Flickr

I often think when I leave a good location that I’ll definitely go back again but not sure I will be in a hurry to go up here again, unless it’s during a very dry spell.

I think the 1st one is really good, really gives to misty moody moors feeling.

Thanks Humphrey.... That's exactly what caught my eye as I walked past that spot. I actually walked past it a few strides but then did a double take and walked back.

Back