Walk up Scafell

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Having planned for a while to attempt Scafell Pike, myself and a couple of friends decided to give it go, even though it is February... We arrived at the campsite to find ourselves the only people there, probably not a great sign to start. After a walk around the Wasdale area and a visit to the Inn on Monday, we decided to give it a go on Tuesday. There was only us and a handful of others out that day.

Unfortunately due to not having crampons and ice picks at the ready we decided to turn back when things got really icy. It really is a beautiful place and we will be back to finish the hike when the weather improves!

Here are a few shots from the humble iPhone.

Wasdale Walking by Paul Webster, on Flickr

scafell by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Great photos Paul of stunning scenery..have been wanting to do scafell myself for a while, photos like these are an inspiration to get out there :).
Which campsite did you stay in if you don't mind my asking ?

Thanks for the lovely comments, we stayed at Wasdale Campsite. It's literally at the beginning of the walk up Scafell!

Captured a stunning area very well there.(y)

Nice job Paul .......Great colours and exposure in the last one.

Liking 1&4 the most, I'm fascinated by the snow line in each. Looks a bit chilly, which leads me onto my next question....camping? You're a braver man than me. Hoping to climb scafell pike this year too, so I look forward to your follow up attempt/post if it's before I do.

Back