WAMT....what annoyed me today!

0494542df039cc60db77b0a8688f8ef71a5dcf75_2_553x748.jpeg

Kids walking to school with their mum she's looking on her phone and they run across our road she didn't even look up FFS

And when they are at home they sit in front of theTV or game console so she doesn't have to bother with them there either. I think it;s called modern parenting.

Last edited:
I don't know if this annoyed, confused or pleased me...

Just heard Mrs WW laughing hysterically in another room, she then shouted "Come and see this picture Carole took of you." So I went to see,

(And to explain... when people take my picture I often do something daft and that's what I'd done.)

Mrs WW (although she was laughing) told me off for acting daft and told me to stop. She then (although still laughing) told me to stop embarrassing her and followed that (whilst still laughing) with "I'm sending this to xxxx."

So she's annoyed and embarrassed but laughing her head off and sending the picture to everyone in her contact list?

If I spot someone trying to get a shot with me in it, I drop my false teeth and push them right forward over my top lip but behind the moustache.

If I spot someone trying to get a shot with me in it, I drop my false teeth and push them right forward over my top lip but behind the moustache.

:D

I don't have false teeth but if I did I'd follow your lead.

Reactions: Nod
What annoyed me today, yesterday and everyday: people who call me "buddy" in conversation or online.

Someone who calls me "buddy" is not and never will be my "buddy"!

Ernie Holden.jpg

We have our oven professionally-cleaned by a national company and it costs £90. My wife thought it quite a lot. They do great job,though. She looked locally and on social media and one chap was highly recommended. £50 ..a special. offer.It's normally £60. We made an appointment for last Monday. It got to 4.00pm and he called saying he couldn't make it.He wanted to come between 5.00-6.00pm. We eat at 5.30pm..so..no. He arranged to come yesterday and came at 1145 am. Seemed in a rush. He opened the oven door and then said he couldn't do it because he didn't know how to take the door off on this model. He'd cleaned 8000 ovens in however long and had only come across four of our particular make and described himself as a 'perfectionist' and needed to take off the door to get behind the hinges, which is what the other service people did, so he'd need to go on a training course :eek: . And what rare oven do we have ? A Neff electric fan oven. He could come back after two months post the 'training course'. And what rare oven do we have ? A Neff electric fan oven.

He does have very good reviews locally and we think he's taken on too much. He was very hurried as he left. Obviously up against time for his next job. All he had to do was to say he's very busy and could we wait a couple of weeks. Obviously, so busy it's a couple of months. I'm more annoyed that he thought we'd believe that than not getting the oven cleaned this week.

I do get naffed off with tradesmen bar a couple of exceptions. We had a 12" drop from the hallway to the front door step and it needed lifting. That's the maximum that building regs allow.
Three weeks ago they put large grey stones, with a bevelled edge around the half-moon shape step ..the step is of the same red bricks as the drive..block-paving.. and they did a good job but we had to ask that grey cement be put in the spaces between some of these large stones. That is being done this weekend. However, next door's step is the same, of course, so the lady said she'd like hers doing as well so they did it the same day as they did ours.. They ran up against time , 4.30pm finish on a Friday, and didn't do a very good job so we called them on behalf of the lady who is on her own. Well,fair play to the boss,he actually admitted they'd rushed it and should have come back to do it another day. They'll sort our neighbour's step tomorrow when they come to do our cementing and fit a new manhole cover in our side passage. The current one 'wobbles' when we walk over it and it's made of cement,really heavy so I won't do it myself and they'll take it away,too. The new tone they left when they did the step is aluminium and very light.

It's just how trades people work. They give a day and time and sometimes don't turn up. When they do I tell them that we don't have a problem if they can't make it but,for goodness sake just give us a call. When we had the fencing renewed I said I wanted 6' high panels the full length..ie patio/garden . Along our patio there is a 6" drop to the side passgae of our neighbour and they didn't allow for that. I told my neighbour I could see his bald head when he was on his patio. I insisted they put it right which they did. It involved four 6' x 6' panels plus the concrete posts.

Until about 15 years ago, I did all such jobs myself including car servicing. I am too old now so have to rely on local tradesmen for the various issues as they arise. I believe the challenge is to pick the right tradesmen as there are a lot of dedicated hard working businesses out there. I rely on personal recommendations from friends and neighbours using recommendations from those who are as particular as we are. For anything other than minor work, I get 3 quotations and choose the best value which is not necessarily the cheapest.

Dave

I occasionally get parcels for me delivered to my mothers address. Yesterday I was expecting one, which I had been following on tracking, and tracking showed it had been delivered to her next door neighbour, who are a young couple who aren't exactly the best of neighbours, regularly blocking access to the driveway..... As I knew the parcel had been delivered I knocked on their door to retrieve it, the lass answered the door so I asked about the parcel and she sheepishly gave it to me....She'd ripped the address label off the parcel and had been intending to return it to sender instead of doing the neighbourly thing of passing it on to my mother!!!

I occasionally get parcels for me delivered to my mothers address. Yesterday I was expecting one, which I had been following on tracking, and tracking showed it had been delivered to her next door neighbour, who are a young couple who aren't exactly the best of neighbours, regularly blocking access to the driveway..... As I knew the parcel had been delivered I knocked on their door to retrieve it, the lass answered the door so I asked about the parcel and she sheepishly gave it to me....She'd ripped the address label off the parcel and had been intending to return it to sender instead of doing the neighbourly thing of passing it on to my mother!!!

How incredibly petty and unneighbourly. Some people really need to get a life.

Reactions: zx9
I have the same where I live , only 2 neighbours and neither want to be neighbourly , After 2 years I gave up trying.

I have the same where I live , only 2 neighbours and neither want to be neighbourly , After 2 years I gave up trying.

Most of our neighbours are lovely except for one. A few months back I heard a right commotion across from us and went out to see what was going on. The one dodgy neighbour was having a hissy fit at a lovely young couple who we've known for several years. I took him aside, sat him on a wall and asked him the following:

"Mate, regardless of what happens this evening, you and the couple next to you are possibly going to be neighbours for several years. Would it not be better to resolve this amicably so you can wave to each other in the morning, rather than turning away and daily creating an atmosphere which wouldn't be good for your mental health or your neighbour's?"

After 20 mins of chatting he finally calmed down and seemed to get what I was saying. Not been a problem since. I think these days people just act/react on negative instinct without a thought for the consequences.

IME, if you fail to forgive someone you lock yourself in a cell and throw away the key. Only when you forgive and show that person grace, does the key once again appear in your hand and you're able to unlock the door to your self imposed cell and walk free.

We have a sign on one of our doors about marriage rules. One of those rules says:

"Give up your right to be right."

Still happily married after 18 years and I'm not the easiest person to live with, so there must be some truth in that.

Last edited:
How incredibly petty and unneighbourly. Some people really need to get a life.

My brother actually caught the lad next door using my mums outside tap to fill up some big water containers...... They're on a water meter and my mums isn't... Needless to say my brother isolated that tap from inside the house. He won't be stealing any more water!!!

WoWza.

My moan today is can't I/we drive anywhere without something happening?

Todays something was a white van man. I was tootling along doing low to mid 60's mph on a two lane 70mph A road when he caught me up and then pulled out to overtake, fair enough as I was in no hurry and both the lanes were quiet and passing me was a simple thing, he then settled alongside me and on we went. I tried easing off and guess what? He did too. He remained along side me and down the road we drove. I eased off more, same result. So no, I wasn't imagining this. After a bit I decided I'd had enough as I think driving along side someone is a pointless danger and Gosh knows what he was up to so as I had tried easing off I did the opposite and continued on at the speed limit (or there abouts, honest) and was rewarded with a loud blast of his horn as I pulled away from him.

I used to get a lot of this when in my 2 seat soft tops but today I was in my Evoque and they're everywhere but surprisingly although I don't get as much strangeness in this car it does still happen. Oh well.

And a second one. When pulling out of a car park where you pay on exit there was a sign saying not to pull into the box until the barrier goes up. The problem was that I couldn't reach to do tap and pay and the bucket you throw your money into was too far away too. I tried to open the door to get out but there wasn't enough room so I decided to go for it and launched a £1 coin at the bucket and missed. I then decided I'd had enough and pulled forward into the box to get a better shot, there were no flashing lights or sirens. Good. Once through I stopped and went back and retrieved my £1. I wonder how many other people go through this. Grrrrr.

PS.
Typing this I just had a thought... could that white van man have been attempting some sort of insurance scam or even car hijack? I didn't think of that at the time. It did seem to be bizarre behavior.

Last edited:
Todays something was a white van man. I was tootling along doing low to mid 60's mph on a two lane 70mph A road when he caught me up and then pulled out to overtake, fair enough as I was in no hurry and both the lanes were quiet and passing me was a simple thing, he then settled alongside me and on we went. I tried easing off and guess what? He did too. He remained along side me and down the road we drove. I eased off more, same result. So no, I wasn't imagining this. After a bit I decided I'd had enough as I think driving along side someone is a pointless danger and Gosh knows what he was up to so as I had tried easing off I did the opposite and continued on at the speed limit (or there abouts, honest) and was rewarded with a loud blast of his horn as I pulled away from him.

I often have something similar where cars will drive at 45-50 on national speed limit roads, then try to race if I overtake. I've had some persist in sitting on my tail after I'm past, even when pressing on to get clear.

And different - driving down through Frabce on Saturday, there were some who would overtake, then slow down in front requiring that I brake because they've boxed me in & then overtake them, then rinse & repeat 3K down the road. I drive on cruise control on the autoroutes, so can tell if someone is twatting about.

It's something I've never ever done.

Perhaps this is something that psychologists could look at. Treatment could involve, oh I dunno, crucifixion?

It's something I've never ever done.

Perhaps this is something that psychologists could look at. Treatment could involve, oh I dunno, crucifixion?

Removing the right to drive would be sufficient, although I'd prefer re-education in a wider sense because they probably live their lives like this too.

The AA ahhhhh
Rang up to change Mrs Luffys car details for her new car. After hanging online for 12mins got through to a chap who cut me off last time they rang me straight back this time nothing. Noticed you could do it online so logged in and changed the detail no problem got an email saying it had been updated. About an hour later got another email saying they couldnt update it and to call. Another 10mins going through all the automated stuff then hanging on waiting for the call to be answered. Eventually got through and asked why I had to ring when they said it could be done on line ths reply was " we get asked that alot I think its something to do with the system" REALLY. They did eventually sort it but it took longer to do that than it took to buy the car. Ahhhhhhh

Back