WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Ah - yes - see what you mean

That's a bit of a pain - agreed

Be thankful it wasn't a case of the hot water system going kaput - and you were standing under an unexpected stream of COLD water !!

Well I bought my daughter a Kindle for Christmas as she loves to read.

I have just found out though that I can not send her an e-book as a gift, this option apparently is only available to American users of Amazon.com.

Bad show Amazon!

I have just found out though that I can not send her an e-book as a gift, this option apparently is only available to American users of Amazon.com.

Bad show Amazon!
Register the Kindle to your Amazon account. Buy the book in the Kindle store. Send it to her Kindle. Job done.

Yodel for 2 days running. Failed to deliver a parcel yesterday. Claim they tried (no they didn't). I have to re-arrange delivery and first day is tomorrow. Today they deliver a package from somewhere else. They must have known it was in the system so why didn't these muppets combine the two so I got the missing one and this one in one go?

Yodel for 2 days running. Failed to deliver a parcel yesterday. Claim they tried (no they didn't). I have to re-arrange delivery and first day is tomorrow. Today they deliver a package from somewhere else. They must have known it was in the system so why didn't these muppets combine the two so I got the missing one and this one in one go?

Couriers could go in this thread most days for me too! Hermes are currently up to their usual tricks. Parcel supposed to be picked up Saturday, it wasn't, It went on Monday and tracking has not progressed any since. In total contrast and in what might be a world first, they actually picked up Friday PM and delivered Saturday AM on their 3 day service!

WAMT - that dignified statesman Cameron throwing his toys out the pram and effectively abolishing the HoL.

And Her Majesties Opposition are almost powerless to object, led as it is by Marxists.

Doubleplus ungood.

Register the Kindle to your Amazon account. Buy the book in the Kindle store. Send it to her Kindle. Job done.

Not as easy as that since I have been separated from my ex, the Kindle will have to be registered on my ex's account

Not being able to find WCMUT on first page of New Posts

Bad show Amazon!

You Could just get her a kindle voucher?

WAMT - that dignified statesman Cameron throwing his toys out the pram and effectively abolishing the HoL.
???? What is this about?

OK. Buy the book in the Kindle store and 'lend' it to your daughter?

Apparently that is only an option available to the US market again and then only on books that allow it

Amazon Prime members, which I am not, can borrow 1 book a month from the Kindle Owners Lending Library, if you want to borrow another book that same month you need to return the previous one - This is only available for your own registered Kindle and not that of friends and family

You Could just get her a kindle voucher?

That's what I did to get her started

I was hoping, when I bought the Kindle, that I and other family members would be able to buy her e-books and send them to her

I don't see any real reason why the Americans should be allowed all these extra features and we are not

or a real book...they are lovely :)

She generally does read the real deal, she just loves to read :)

And the reason behind getting the Kindle was so that on long car journeys, flights and holidays she could just take the Kindle rather than lugging loads of heavy books with her

That's what I did to get her started

I was hoping, when I bought the Kindle, that I and other family members would be able to buy her e-books and send them to her

I don't see any real reason why the Americans should be allowed all these extra features and we are not

Has her mum said it must be in her account? I guess it depends who is going to be buying more books.
Suggesting it's in your account should benefit her as you'll be coughing up lol

Has her mum said it must be in her account? I guess it depends who is going to be buying more books.
Suggesting it's in your account should benefit her as you'll be coughing up lol

The ex is insisting it is in her account, which I understand as it will be her who will have to run the immediate troubleshooting should there be a problem

One of the reasons I wanted to be able to send her books was because I had written a short story for her when she was 7 and it is also available on Kindle and I thought it would be a nice surprise for her to see it pop up on her Kindle

The ex is insisting it is in her account, which I understand as it will be her who will have to run the immediate troubleshooting should there be a problem

One of the reasons I wanted to be able to send her books was because I had written a short story for her when she was 7 and it is also available on Kindle and I thought it would be a nice surprise for her to see it pop up on her Kindle

Ah ok now I get you.... Hopefully your ex can add it for you.

The cost of posting Christmas cards to the R of I !!

HOW MUCH ???

£1 !!

More for today....10M hdmi lead is slightly too short. Aaarrgghh. Now it will be saturday before I can get another. I'm sure it was long enough last time. Maybe the room has grown? Also found a SCART lead that needs removing but it's trapped behind a shelf that will have to come off the wall to do so....stalks off to find hedge lopper...

Cats are upset with the kitchen work and disturbances so the sitting room is quickly becoming some kind of p***oir. The cat flap to outside and the world's biggest toilet is still in the dining room and doesn't involve having to go anywhere near the kitchen. I wish they'd write complaints in crayon like normal lunatics.

Kids school disco...in 2 stages as it's a primary school.. So picking up and dropping off is combined..

Now seeing as it's a very small village you'd think most would walk as that bit of the village can be a nightmare, but no you've got parents and or Grandparents not only pulling into the horseshoe bit but reversing and 10000 point turns all over the place!
I didn't think I was going to make it out alive lol

WAMT. Fatty Salmond. Liar and tool. End of!!!!

Wamt HMRC asking to file something again electronically, and bingo their downstream payment processing systems kick in and take the payment for a second time. A very significant sum of money light before Christmas :eek: I doubt their interpretation of the direct debit guarantee will put it back those year. Grrrrr
Well I am very pleasantly surprised. They took the money on Monday, and it was refunded on Wednesday. Fair enough I think.

The news.
Lord Strathclyde's report comes out today and apparently Cameron plans to endorse it.
So you are annoyed that he is carefully considering the options before responding in the new year? Perhaps I'm missing something but why is that annoying?

So you are annoyed that he is carefully considering the options before responding in the new year? Perhaps I'm missing something but why is that annoying?
No, I'm annoyed that we're getting parliamentary 'reform' that is bad for our parliament purely because the PM is a bit put out that one bill didn't pass. It's petulance you'd expect from a toddler.
There's nothing 'careful' or 'considered' about it - it's a knee-jerk reaction.

No, I'm annoyed that we're getting parliamentary 'reform' that is bad for our parliament purely because the PM is a bit put out that one bill didn't pass. It's petulance you'd expect from a toddler.
There's nothing 'careful' or 'considered' about it - it's a knee-jerk reaction.
I guess I'm missing something, no decisions not statements on what will happen other than careful consideration to a response in January has been made.

I guess I'm missing something, no decisions not statements on what will happen other than careful consideration to a response in January has been made.
You're missing that Cameron had already stated his decision before the report was even commissioned, let alone written.
Getting a pet peer to write up his revenge so he can pretend to read it and say 'ooh, what a good idea' hardly adds any credibility.

Or maybe you think not having an effective second chamber is a progressive step? I mean, with fixed-term parliaments, still no recall mechanism for MPs and now total supremacy for the primary chamber, what could possibly go wrong? ;)

Funny how the Conservatives (and their predecessors) have enjoyed a natural majority in the Lords for 300 years and barely a peep out of them about reform. Blair stuffs it full of his cronies, still nothing. Coalition partners broach the subject... nope, not happening.
ONE BILL gets rejected (one which even George has admitted was wrong as he's scrapped it) and suddenly they're scrambling with unseemly haste to eviscerate the second chamber so they can force through whatever they like (providing the whips can maintain their majority).
It's a pretty sad reflection on one of the world's oldest parliaments that's it's future processes will be determined by one twerp on his last lap having a cheap pop because the house did its job and he got a bit upset.

WAMY AC/DC Olympic Stadium / West Ham ground, gig tickets starting at over £80, fairly sure that's about £15 over what I paid for Wembley Stadium for this year. WRPMOY, finding out the tickets for the Manchester gig start at £55. WTF. ;(

Back