"Warp speed Mr Zulu" !!

Thanks fella's.

fantastic i want to do them now
Go for it mate (y)

I was fortunate enough to attend a course with Ansel Adams in the 1970's
That must have been brilliant mate, if I ever got the chance to pick the brains of someone like that, they wouldn't be going home for days ! :LOL:

BTW - its Sulu not Zulu
Quite right, but then I was always on the Klingons side ! :D

What shutter speed did you use in the first lot of images? Was it taken in "Bulb" setting?
I actually used AV mode set to f.8. I found this was giving me a shutter time of around 4-8 seconds.

In my opinion, these are unoriginal, and have been done hundreds of times.
Yours, however, are bloody fantastic, and some of the best I've seen
Don't take any notice of what the numpties say.
Thought I'd shed some light on the subject of the whole "Your photos are unoriginal".
Thanks mate. I readily admit that if I see an image that 'grabs me', I will sometimes see if I can work out the settings to produce something similar myself as a sort of 'test', which could then be applied to another scenario in the future. I think of it as a way to make sure that my photography knowledge is progressing.

That must have been brilliant mate, if I ever got the chance to pick the brains of someone like that, they wouldn't be going home for days ! :LOL:
he was and still is an inspiration. One day the whole group went for a walk on the edge of the desert with the intention of taking 35mm photos (the course concentrated on large format and zone system so this was for a break). Every student had a variety of lenses and most took more than one camera body. Ansel took a single camera and lens (from memory a Zeiss Contax with 50mm lens). Guess who produced the best photos?

As the old adage says, "There's no substitute for experience" eh ? To be honest, I would have been happy to leave the camera behind and spend the whole day just observing how he worked ! Fantastic memory though mate (y)

well done macker, very nice those(y)
original shots? well noone else took a shot... in your car... with you driving... on your camera.. with YOU setting it up!
YOU did well, YOU took the shot, YOU posted these great images.. Well done (y):bonk::woot:

Thanks Trev & Kingy :)

Any tips on set up? I'm assuming long shutter but v small apperture?

I set the camera set to f.8 and found this was giving me a shutter time of around 4-8 seconds, so left it at that mate. I think the main thing is to get the camera mounted securely. I simply wedged the legs of the tripod down the side of the seats and belted it in !

How do you do this? Whenever I've tried they come out blurred as hell, or is that because I'm usually in a car with stiff as ******** suspension lol

Back