Water Drops Red on Blue

That sound you heard was my jaw hitting the ground. these are wonderful!

Beautiful.

The shape and clarity of the drops is stunning, but personally, I'm not keen on the red in clear (ish) water. It reminds me of blood hitting water.

I love the shape of the second one though (y)

Thanks guys

The blue is a gel on one of the flashes and the drops are coloured with red food colouring and of course as you continue to shoot they tend to muddy the water

Stan

These are amazing, I keep coming back for another look. 2 & 4 are my favourites.

I`ve alway liked to try this but as far as i can tell my flash will only sync up to 1/250 can i ask how you manage? i`m assuming it needs to be a lot faster, Harvey

I`ve alway liked to try this but as far as i can tell my flash will only sync up to 1/250 can i ask how you manage? i`m assuming it needs to be a lot faster,

the camera settings, in manual mode, were i think 1/160, f 16, ISO 400 and the two flashes, also in manual mode, were set to 1/32 power - for this sort of shot you need as brief a flash duration as possible to freeze the action, hence 1/32 or sometimes even lower, adn the flash guns very close to the subject

Stan

Back