Water into wine

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from my last pic, I thought I'd set my self a task. The title explains my task and this is what I came up with. Shot using Bowens Gemini 500 inside a softbox and a Rogue Grid (Red Gel) attached to a 430 EXii. As I'm new to this all comments and feedback gratefully received

Chris

Last edited:
Before I'd even opened this post I was thinking the image would be something like this and it's almost identical. It's a good effort although the wine looks a bit more like cherryade. You could probably tweak that in PP to make it Rosé?

I think it's great you managed this with lighting rather than processing! Good work, great result.

How did you manage to keep the light down the sides of the glass white, or where there some adjustments in post?

Last edited:
Before I'd even opened this post I was thinking the image would be something like this and it's almost identical. It's a good effort although the wine looks a bit more like cherryade. You could probably tweak that in PP to make it Rosé?
I know its not the most original concept, but I'm just starting to experiment with lighting and still life. Its not something I've ever tried before. I take on board the comments about cherryade, although have you never seen sparkling Shiraz :p

Nice idea - I'd prefer to see the transition happening more in the drop/pour if you see what I mean....
Thanks for the feedback, I do know what you mean, I think I got a bit carried away with the masking :)
I think it's great you managed this with lighting rather than processing! Good work, great result.

How did you manage to keep the light down the sides of the glass white, or where there some adjustments in post?

Glad you like it, if you are meaning "why is the edge of glass not red?" then I'm afraid there is a bit of PP tweaking gone on. I have layered 2 images and used masking to reveal the edges

Back