Water water everywhere

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of the afon Llugwy in Capel Curig, Snowdonia. Taken from Pont Cyfyng at the foot of Moel Siabod (which was too clag and rain-ridden to bother getting the camera out)

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

New to photography but am hoping to take some shots like these to hang on my wall. i would be chuffed if I had taken these!

Nice!

Second one I think would have worked a little better if maybe you had walked 6 feet closer to the bridge, and possibly used a slightly wider angle, the foreground detail in it is a little lack lustre. (Though without being there, it's hard to say how easy that would have been :p)

Great images though, I hope to take a trip to Snowdonia in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the comments.

Second one I think would have worked a little better if maybe you had walked 6 feet closer to the bridge

I strongly disagree. Mainly on account of the 30ft drop to jagged rocks and white water 3ft in front of me :D

Thanks everyone for the comments.

They both seem a tad flat to me - I wonder if some tweaks in curves and levels would make them jump just a bit more.

I know what you mean but it was a concious decision to leave them like this. Shot in RAW in 'Neutral' setting (ie: low contrast and saturation) they have received very little PP (minor levels and saturation tweaks). To me this conveys the autumnal gloom of the day, which I wanted to get across. It would be easy to make the images pop a bit more, but then the feel I wanted to convey would have been lost. To me, autumn in Snowdonia is more about gloomy overcast skies (and rain!) with muted, low contrast autumnal tones than it is about vivid orange and yellow leaves and 'golden hour' sunshine. Hopefully some of the former comes across in these shots.

I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, I just wanted to explain why they are what they are.

Ooh, hark at me coming over all artistic :D

Back