Waterfall at Badger, West Midlands

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Oskanoears took me to a little spot he knew of in the middle of nowhere, we loaded up the wellington's and found this beautiful waterfall. Phiggys also came along for the afternoon too.
Got several really nice pics from the day will post others as I process them

Badger waterfall by Keith-Drain, on Flickr/

As promised here's the 30 sec exposure I took
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/39000251@N07/5954546024/"][IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/5954546024_b44e1c7cb2_b.jpg[/URL]
DSC_1948-Edit-2.jpg by Keith-Drain, on Flickr/

Last edited:
Love this...shows you don't have to go to the "touristy" ones to get a great image.

Done a google and it looks a good area for interesting shots.

Keith (y)

Its a beautiful area, I'd never been before but it's so picture friendly there

What shutter speed did you use? Looks long. Great shot (y)

This particular shot was taken with 8 sec exposure at f/22.0 I used my 55-200mm lens and was at 75mm.
The only reason I used the 55-200mm was because it was the only lens I had an ND filter for, which is how I got an 8 sec exposure in daylight.
I do have one with a 30 sec exposure too and another I did with a 10 stop filter on I did for longer.
Still processing them though(y)

8 second exposure - no wonder it looks so silky. Great work - makes me realise I need some more filters; the only one I've got that darkens anything down is my polariser which only adds about 2 stops.

For this pic I only used a ND8, it was shaded a little because of the thick woods so I kept it at ISO 200 and at f/22 to allow me to really slow it down.:naughty:

#2 isn't showing because I haven't added it yet:LOL:

First is very nice, lovely curve to the water flow, the muted tones suit the subject.

2nd is not so strong, colours ae a bit harsh, and some of your whites are blown.

1st for me as well. I know this spot well, it's only down the road from me. Last time I went there was a large tree branch stuck across the falls, spoiling it. Glad to see it's gone so I'll have to revisit soon.

Badger's a nice little village. There's a stunning cottage in the middle of the village that is a magnet for photographers.

MisterRigsby said:
1st for me as well. I know this spot well, it's only down the road from me. Last time I went there was a large tree branch stuck across the falls, spoiling it. Glad to see it's gone so I'll have to revisit soon.

Badger's a nice little village. There's a stunning cottage in the middle of the village that is a magnet for photographers.

The tree is still there and if I had the money would love to live in that cottage

Know this spot well as lived in badger for three years .... know the falls but sadly was not into photography when was there..now I get to play in the Lakes instead though lol... great shots some of the ice caves would have been awesome too

I will definitely be going back in the Autumn with all those lovely colours, may well be worth going in the icy and snowy weather

Looks like a great place to visit. On my list of "to do's"
Number 1 is the pick for me, number 2 seems to be a bit "orangey".

hey erm... how do i get to this place? :)

Google earth.......just west of Wolverhampton.Put badger in the search and it will go into the village.
Some people have pics showing the location just S.W. of the village.
Keith (y)

Hi Keith, do you have a postcode or something for this area, I carnt find it when I google... I'm from the Walsall area and would love to visit this area... Thank Steve.

Back