Critique Waterfall - Pistyll Goleu

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Today I racked up around 12 miles walking around the valleys where I live in search of a photo; of which, 7.5 miles of those were spent with a friend walking through a forestry (Llanwonno). As the drizzle set in and the night was drawing in, I was resigning myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get anything worthwhile until we found the following waterfall:

Pistyll Goleu

Pistyll Goleu - Llanwonno
by James, on Flickr

My friends dog was out on his feet by the time we got back to our cars!

James

Last edited:
That is a very imposing waterfall and you have shown it's scale with the shot. Well exposed and good movement in the water. It looks a beautiful woodland area and maybe a wider view of the surrounding woods showing the falls smaller and opening up the landscape more would help. It would certainly make a stunning location with the colours of Autumn appearing soon.(y)

That is a very imposing waterfall and you have shown it's scale with the shot. Well exposed and good movement in the water. It looks a beautiful woodland area and maybe a wider view of the surrounding woods showing the falls smaller and opening up the landscape more would help. It would certainly make a stunning location with the colours of Autumn appearing soon.(y)

Thank you. I'm hoping for a cold winter this year as I'd imagine the place would be stunning with icicles and a touch of frost. I'll certainly be back in Autumn though for another shot of the place!

James

Thank you. I'm hoping for a cold winter this year as I'd imagine the place would be stunning with icicles and a touch of frost. I'll certainly be back in Autumn though for another shot of the place!

James

We all have our own favorite places to re-visit at different times of year and the light is usually different also, look forward to seeing your results.

Back