Waxwing in Flight

Great photo, would love to see some of these :love:

Thats a cracker sharp and colourful nice capture, (y)

Fantastic shot, everyone's seeing waxwings apart from me :(

Have you added the background colour yourself? Doesn't seem to be the right colour and there's a halo of lighter blue around the bird itself and a darker background colour to the top left, with quite a pixelated area where the two colours meet?

Have you added the background colour yourself? Doesn't seem to be the right colour and there's a halo of lighter blue around the bird itself and a darker background colour to the top left, with quite a pixelated area where the two colours meet?

????? how do we know what the colour should be.......

Yes there is the halo around the bird...over working or sharpening in PP is the usual cause......

Nice capture with lovely detail and colours.

Keith (y)

????? how do we know what the colour should be.......

Yes there is the halo around the bird...over working or sharpening in PP is the usual cause......

Nice capture with lovely detail and colours.

Keith (y)

As Keith has said. The background colour is as taken. The image is quite a large crop so some some sharpening was done on the bird but I expect the halo is caused from lightening the shadows on the bird. If you take a look at my flickr site you will see how the sky changed in colour over a very short period of time i.e. a few hours.

Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful shot of the waxie I just didn't think the bg did it justice as there is a little pixelation.

The shot is excellently focused with excellent detail on the waxie

Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful shot of the waxie I just didn't think the bg did it justice as there is a little pixelation.

The shot is excellently focused with excellent detail on the waxie

i would like to completely retract all previous comments - i went to my highest quality screen and the image is perfect - seems it was a technical issue with the screen on my tablet.

Absolutely perfect shot. Gorgeous in fact! my apologies

i would like to completely retract all previous comments - i went to my highest quality screen and the image is perfect - seems it was a technical issue with the screen on my tablet.

Absolutely perfect shot. Gorgeous in fact! my apologies

Dan, no need to apologies. It is always nice to get comments and critique is something I don't mind at all. If it wasn't for critique then I would have not improved like I have over the years.

i just wanted you to know that the part of the image i was criticising wasnt there to begin with and was in fact a technological glitch on my part.

Im actually very fond of the shot - its tremendous

Hat's off sir

After photographing the waxwings sat in a tree (and trying for the in flight shot and not suceeding) i can fully appreciate this one ..very nice (y)

Lovely image - I'd love to see some of these birds, missed them the last couple of years

This really is a good shot Stu, the best WW bif I've seen (y)
I'm waiting to see some in this area and hope to get a go at them.

If it wasn't for critique then I would have not improved like I have over the years.

Have you? :D Well caught Stuart, love the colour and detail in this one.

Cracking shot Stu, first WW in flight i have seen and what a stunner, as Trev said we are still waiting for them :(
Thanks for sharing (y)
Atb
Cliff

Cracking shot :clap::clap:

never seen one, they do not seem to come this way

Back