WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Went to bed, with just the one hatched. Woke up to all but one. after lunch all had hatched.

Over winter I made some bird boxes. I have made them in the past and always had blue tits. This year I put one of those baby / dog cameras in there. It’s been great watching the parents get the nest ready. Last night one had hatched. This morning there was 9 chicks. At lunchtime all 10 had hatched.
I hope I have given them the best start in life with warm safe surroundings and there will be good food on the feeders for the parents

First trip out after my Prostate op 2 and a half weeks ago in the motorhome. Just had a lovely afternoon in York and knackered. Onward and upward and another 9 nights to go :) 'scuse the hair, I simply couldn't be arsed to brush it today lol.

1York-2 copy.jpg

First trip out after my Prostate op 2 and a half weeks ago in the motorhome. Just had a lovely afternoon in York and knackered. Onward and upward and another 9 nights to go :) 'scuse the hair, I simply couldn't be arsed to brush it today lol.

View attachment 420651
You’re a carbon copy of Richard Griffiths, the chef cum detective in Pie in the Sky :)
Glad you’re feeling better ;)

Last edited:
I went to York last summer for a weekend with the lads during that heatwave, what a lovely place and had a great time.

Mrs WW became a British Citizen today but she is also keeping her Thai citizenship. After the ceremony and getting her picture taken with the mayor we went for a celebration meal with friends and Mrs WW had a lovely day :D

P1004334.jpg

Anyone who has gone through this process will know that it's long, stressful and expensive. We did it all ourselves but some people employ a professional and I can understand why.

Spotting a novel titled "Nod" in a charity shop. Had to buy it, of course!!! Even if it's total cr@p, it was only a quid and I'm sure the charity will make better use of it than I would.

Mrs WW became a British Citizen today but she is also keeping her Thai citizenship. After the ceremony and getting her picture taken with the mayor we went for a celebration meal with friends and Mrs WW had a lovely day :D

View attachment 420946

Anyone who has gone through this process will know that it's long, stressful and expensive. We did it all ourselves but some people employ a professional and I can understand why.

Congrats to Mrs WW.

Mrs Fiend doesn't want British citizenship. Been married 15 years and she came to the UK in 2009. She proud to be Thai.

Did the Spouse visa and ILR myself. Did the research beforehand and knew what was needed, I provided it and both were granted.

Last edited:
Spotting a novel titled "Nod" in a charity shop. Had to buy it, of course!!! Even if it's total cr@p, it was only a quid and I'm sure the charity will make better use of it than I would.
Another one of yours? in my inbox today
Slickboys Logo

GENTLEMAN'S NOD ORIGIN SERIES​

Gentleman’s Nod is an artisan that has been on our radar for quite some time. The artwork of their Japanese inspired 'Origin Series' had repeatedly tempted us since the release of Musashi, so when Kensei was announced, we knew we had to have it...​

Fully bearded, so no!!! I doubt that's only a quid either.

Forget "What Cheered Me Up Today"...this is "What Cheered Me Up This Year"

I read that it was a a heated meeting when the SNP called the Greens in. I think they(SNP) got wind that the Greens were parting company re the current coaltion because the SNP had ditched zero carbon target.

Will Yousef survive a no confidence vote ? The article states that the motion needs 25 votes to instigate it and as the Cons have 31 seats it will take place,I assume.

It seems that he's not vey popular .. https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/humza-yousaf-disliked-almost-half-29531480

I read that it was a a heated meeting when the SNP called the Greens in. I think they(SNP) got wind that the Greens were parting company re the current coaltion because the SNP had ditched zero carbon target.

Will Yousef survive a no confidence vote ? The article states that the motion needs 25 votes to instigate it and as the Cons have 31 seats it will take place,I assume.

It seems that he's not vey popular .. https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/humza-yousaf-disliked-almost-half-29531480

The two primary reasons for Sturgeon taking on the Greens and giving those two clowns so much power was to ensure their budgets got through and also to ensure support against a no confidence motion. I think Scooter forgot about the latter! lol He really is a disaster. I believe the Alba party are in a position to save him, I'm not sure though I've not really paid much attention to it all. But Ash Regan (Alba) will have a long list of demands in return for support. Let's see how easy Scooter bends over.

Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
New guitar picks just arrived.
Amazon being Amazon. :D
1000006583.jpg

Congrats to Mrs WW.

Mrs Fiend doesn't want British citizenship. Been married 15 years and she came to the UK in 2009. She proud to be Thai.

Did the Spouse visa and ILR myself. Did the research beforehand and knew what was needed, I provided it and both were granted.

Good for you.

We had a couple of nervous moments due to some of the wording being open to interpretation and also with a couple of visas they asked for my financial details numerous times, for one visa they asked twice after I'd initially supplied all details. I can only assume they're good at losing stuff.

I asked Mrs WW why she wanted British citizenship and she said because it makes travel easier as Thai's need visas for some countries.

Good for you.

We had a couple of nervous moments due to some of the wording being open to interpretation and also with a couple of visas they asked for my financial details numerous times, for one visa they asked twice after I'd initially supplied all details. I can only assume they're good at losing stuff.

I asked Mrs WW why she wanted British citizenship and she said because it makes travel easier as Thai's need visas for some countries.

Mrs Fiend has no interest in visiting other countries.... she uses her annual leave from her work for us heading back to Thailand to visit family. Looking forward to next month as we fly out for 3 weeks to attend one of her nieces wedding.

Last November Me and Mrs Fiend attended a family wedding over in Thailand.... When I booked the flights I booked Qatar Airways Manchester to Bangkok and 2 domestic flights in Thailand, one with Bangkok Airways to fly us north, and a Thai Air Asia flight returning south...... A month after booking the flights I got notified that the Thai Air Asia flight had been cancelled and our booking moved to a much earlier flight which was totally unacceptable for us..... I decided to cancel the booking and request a refund....... the booking then showed as cancelled but chasing up a the refund got me absolutely nowhere.... The booking agent kept telling me me to contact the airline and the airline told me to contact the booking agent!!! :headbang:

Fast forward to today and out of the blue got an email from the booking agent telling me that my booking was cancelled and a refund was in progress and it will be paid within the next 5 working days!!! :banana:

The flights were originally booked to return home on a Saturday then, 6 weeks before the wedding, the date of the wedding was moved to that Saturday as the monks had declared that Saturday as the auspicious day for the wedding, not the Thursday as the couple had originally planned.... luckily I was able to change the return flights to the Sunday without paying extra,,,,

Actually yesterday but anyway had a real nice chill morning just wandering around the nature reserve with my macro gear
First trip out for bugs as it’s been cold up here but was nice and warm yesterday
Don’t even know if I got any shots as it was slightly breezy and I’m out of practice but was nice to just do something different

Actually yesterday but anyway had a real nice chill morning just wandering around the nature reserve with my macro gear
First trip out for bugs as it’s been cold up here but was nice and warm yesterday
Don’t even know if I got any shots as it was slightly breezy and I’m out of practice but was nice to just do something different
My bold. It's just nice to get out, Pete, after all the inclement weather.

No end in sight re rain for us untiol next Tuesday but,at least, it's warmer.That northerly wind chill has been replaced with a southerly.

Last November Me and Mrs Fiend attended a family wedding over in Thailand.... When I booked the flights I booked Qatar Airways Manchester to Bangkok and 2 domestic flights in Thailand, one with Bangkok Airways to fly us north, and a Thai Air Asia flight returning south...... A month after booking the flights I got notified that the Thai Air Asia flight had been cancelled and our booking moved to a much earlier flight which was totally unacceptable for us..... I decided to cancel the booking and request a refund....... the booking then showed as cancelled but chasing up a the refund got me absolutely nowhere.... The booking agent kept telling me me to contact the airline and the airline told me to contact the booking agent!!! :headbang:

Fast forward to today and out of the blue got an email from the booking agent telling me that my booking was cancelled and a refund was in progress and it will be paid within the next 5 working days!!! :banana:

The flights were originally booked to return home on a Saturday then, 6 weeks before the wedding, the date of the wedding was moved to that Saturday as the monks had declared that Saturday as the auspicious day for the wedding, not the Thursday as the couple had originally planned.... luckily I was able to change the return flights to the Sunday without paying extra,,,,
It's Mrs Fiend and I.....:D

Glad you got it sorted. Sounds stressful.

My bold. It's just nice to get out, Pete, after all the inclement weather.

No end in sight re rain for us untiol next Tuesday but,at least, it's warmer.That northerly wind chill has been replaced with a southerly
yes it is I’m lucky that there’s some places not too far away , nature reserves where its peaceful harldly see anyone even though it’s overcast today am going out again , if I’m lucky I’ll find a dragonfly or damselfly perched up

Having discovered that the Bobber's battery was dead, the new one was delivered a week or so ago but today was the first time the weather, the assistant availability and the spare time allowed me to fit it this afternoon. Had to take it for a shakedown run afterwards, of course (once the tyres etc. were checked.)

Back