Wedding Candids.. (Uninvited!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was a forum for criteque, not for passing judgement! If there are events going on in a public park and their photographed, is it not a bit ott to critisise the photographer for taking them! Criteque the pics if you want, otherwise pm me with you problem you have with me and we can tough it out there..

"Its not because you can smell a row brewing is it? Not that you are arguementative or anything!"

That bit just wasn't necessary that's all mate. Everyone knows the score, and bringing it up, dunno, just felt it wasn't needed. That's all fella.

Last edited:
wow, petemc now has a carer! If it wernt for a row then why post that? He dont usually post on my pics! And didnt this time, just stuck an oar in.

Can we keep the comments to the pics please.

Bit of a weirdy beardy thing to do no?, gatecrashing someone's wedding/reception.

And people wonder why we togs get a bad name..

Not really since we were walking in a public park and the area we were in was not a private function area so not weird at all.

I have not got a bad name may be you have a complex..

Nigel

Got to agree with benneh, firing off one or two shots while passing fair enough, but sticking around for what appears a rather long time is just disrespectful.

Ignoring my opinion on that, regarding the photos, technically they are fine, sharp, exposed ok, but they do nothing for me. But then again, its nothing i wouldn't of expected from photographing people from a far uninvited. :)

We were passing through the area and I think we were there for a 5 Minutes if you are saying that's disrespectful I think you are wrong... or by that count the other 10 or 20 passer's by were in the wrong as well,

If they do nothing for you why comment on the thread...

Nigel

Not to mention the attitude to another photographer simply trying to do her job. No wonder she looks annoyed.

Pete I do not think I saw here take one image I think she was a walking camera bag.... when the main tog sent her over to talk to me we told her what we were doing and then carried on with our wander through the park and back of to the deer.

If they do nothing for you why comment on the thread...

Nigel

If it was only smoke up the arse comments required then perhaps they should have not been posted in this section but in Fluffy Kittens and Cotton Wool, he made valid citique by saying "technically they are fine, sharp, exposed ok"

This section is for critique on the pictures.. NOT on the character of the photographer! just by going on whats been said uoto the point they piped up there would be nothing to say that we were in anyway out of order.. only a couple of tongue jokes.. NOT to be taken seriously at all..

So.. jump off the band wagon, and mind your own..

And you can keep your smoke and blow it up your own ass!!

Jeez.. you'd have thought we'd hounded them to death in a French tunnel and took pictures of the dying and dead...

out of the three, Alex, Benneh and Pete, the only one to offer critique was Alex.. then told me i was Disrespectful.. The other two are on some crusade or something.. perhaps they subscribe to the idea that we shouldt be able to take pictures in a public place... all shots were taken on either a 70-200 or a 300mm.. we got in the way of... NO ONE!! there were loads of people (General public!) standing and watching.. taking pictures too... OH MY!! how Disrespectful of them!! If you turn up in a public park in a WHITE TAXI with RIBBONS all over it.. with lots of people dressed to the nines, Some even in Kilts.. 3 or 4 photographers.. a BRIDE and a GROOM.. lots of smiley happy faces.. wouldnt YOU take a few pictures.. As Nigel said, we were there 5 mins.. big deal..

So, Pete.. did you want to ofer fair critique? or was it just to stir... Some people get a reputation for a VERY good reason..

out of the three, Alex, Benneh and Pete, the only one to offer critique was Alex

I know. Its sorta what I quoted 1 post before yours.

The other two are on some crusade or something.. perhaps they subscribe to the idea that we shouldt be able to take pictures in a public place...

Well that seems like an odd thing to say. Its annoying that my "reputation" as being some who picks fights has somehow destroyed my reputation as someone who spends his life documenting the streets of Liverpool. In what possible way could you think that I'm against photography in public? Stop being such a sensationalist. Both benneh and I took part in a project taking 800 portraits in a day on the streets of Liverpool. Its just such a silly point to make.

So, Pete.. did you want to ofer fair critique? or was it just to stir... Some people get a reputation for a VERY good reason..

Indeed. It seems that my "reputation" has caused half the trouble here despite saying very little. You seem quite desperate to continue stirring the pot. scraggs was agreeing with what you said and then you went off at him. Considering that you seem to be holding some crazy ass opinion of me, just what would be the point in me actually trying to offer constructive critique?

All this for simply agreeing with my friends. Days like this that remind me why I stop posting. Madre de dios.

We're just going round in circles here and no more critique appears to be forthcoming so time to close.

Play nicely. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back