Wedding! Hawaii! Sunsets! Dancing!

rdh

Edit My Images
No
Goodness me, what a wedding! I love these guys to bits.

Click for full storyboard!

Teaser:
6189.jpg

(y)

Oh! I have been waiting for you to post this wedding! Gosh! this is simply something else Ross! Amazing job.

What I love about your style is all these moments are captured in the same way they bride and groom will remember their day, in brief flashes, little details.

Great work, looks like it was a terrific experience.

Love the image and the horizon looks straight however my eye was distracted by the tree and structure over them being tilted which spoiled the impact

Amazing like normal Ross, when I got married 2 years ago we went to Maui for our honeymoon at its simply the greatest place on earth!!! You're one lucky git getting paid to go there!

Very nice image, however I keep waiting for the bottom half to load.. :LOL:

I think it's cut off too soon at the bottom, it needs their legs in as well. :)

Mind-blowingly good. The photo of the fire dancer with both arms in the air - i won't forget that!

May i ask, because you're obvioulsly in there with the bride and bridesmaids while they're getting ready, how you manage to photogrpaph them without influencing them? Do you keep interactions to a minimum? You're obviously an experienced wedding photographer and you pull off the "reportage" style very very well.

Looks like they had a brilliant day. Love that last shot.

Thanks very much!

Tim: rapport with the couple - especially with the bride - is absolutely crucial. I've always been able to get on with anyone, so I go at their pace, and never push anything.

Guys who mentioned legs/crops - there's actually very few pictures where that has been done. A couple during preps are that way since the rest of their bodies are hidden by mess and or tables. Bar those, there's only one or two that I can remember!

Wow! :eek:

Now that is work that everyone should aspire to, I'd be happy to take just one shot as great as any of those never mind a huge set such as that.

One day, maybe... :LOL:

Top stuff Ross, absolutely superb. It looks like you didn't miss a single moment of the day. Looks like a dream wedding to shoot too.

A few minor negative things; there were less unusual crops in this one, which is one of the things I love about your work. The splitting of a single photo into two is something I've seen elsewhere and feels unnecessary - a fad that's spawned just to try and stand out rather than adding anything, and really only works when blogging the wedding, I imagine. Lastly, it's slightly too saturated for my tastes - it works for the sky, but not in the greens.

Like I said, very minor things and doesn't deduct anything from an incredible job you've done. I'm sure the couple were over the moon.

Self taught buddy! I was a graphic & designer before then, which was also self taught.

Masters in Advanced Comp. Sci, although everything I've ever earned money from has been from self taught stuff. The irony!

Cool... gives hope to the rest of us self taught togs :)

I would have thought you'd studied art photography or something along those lines due to your style and also you seem to be technically excellent too, but I guess you just have a natural gift!

32 revolutions around the sun so far, nearing 33 :¬)

I considered myself semi-professional when I was taking payment for weddings, but while earning the bulk of my income by a part time 9-5 job (4 days a week as a designer / usability consultant).

I considered myself professional the moment I took the leap and moved full time into wedding photography. Although that was quickly, after 8 months or so!

Back