Wedding Portrait for Critique

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
wedding-example-01.jpg

Your comments welcomed. This is my first post of a wedding on this forum. This shot was taken in Feb 09 when we had all that snow.

Regards

Andy

http://www.andyharcup.com

Honestly? The bridge is the main focus point here, not the bride. They are both too small in the frame, and the middle section of the bridge has cut right through the brides dress :(

Do you have anymore from the day? :)

I like the direction you were headed in :) But I can't make my mind up on it as a photo! I can say though, I'd have liked to see the bridge central - but then it dawned on me that'd require wet feet :LOL:

Having just looked at your website, there are some cracking shots there! :)

The one you have posted here is certainly one of your weaker shots, but hey, thats just one persons opinion (y)

Agree with the comments that the bridge is the focus of the shot now the bride and groom

I agree, the bride and groom are too small. Looks like the weather was awful for them too :(

I like it, and suspect the b&g would too.

As for the comments about the bridge being the focus - is that necessarily wrong? If the b&g are ALWAYS the focus then why not just take all the pics in front of a brick wall with a shallow dof?

to me, it works, although once I'd got them on the bridge I'd have tried a few more adventurous shots

I like it, and suspect the b&g would too.

As for the comments about the bridge being the focus - is that necessarily wrong? If the b&g are ALWAYS the focus then why not just take all the pics in front of a brick wall with a shallow dof?

to me, it works, although once I'd got them on the bridge I'd have tried a few more adventurous shots

The reason this shot doesnt work is because the B+G are looking towards the camera, making it a posed shot. Had it have been a candid, then it might have worked much better :)

I don't mind the B&G being small, but the bridge post cuts through her and the umbrella, which the forces the bridge to prominence. Looks like focus might be on the bridge as well.

I would have prefered them embracing or something, rather than looking at the camera.

The processing is a bit flat, granted the day was probably flat, but some more work in PP would bring up the colours and contrast.

A good idea, but the execution needs a little more thought.

The reason this shot doesnt work is because the B+G are looking towards the camera, making it a posed shot. Had it have been a candid, then it might have worked much better :)

Depends who you're shooting for, the bride & groom or yourself

Firstly, your site is great, some wonderful photos there.

The photo here is somewhat weak (sorry), shame about the weather. Given the scenery, I would zoom right into the couple. BW is worth consideration as well.

I'm not a fan of the first one, but I think the second one is a cracker and much prefer it. Think it works well with the weather also. :)

I actually like both the bridge shots - the b&g are likely to want some sort of reminder of the place they had their ceremony and/or reception at, as well as the pictures focusing on just them... so thumbs up from me :D

and lol at the bride hijacking your camera! :LOL:

Back